Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IWA 2017 (Nuremberg)

boscomantico wrote:

Also, Jacko, flying a Maule taildragger, was specifically asking for interesting airfields along his route, so that was the context.

Now I understand what you mean (no need for the rude tone really). I really only thought about his destination “Sonderlandeplatz” airfield close to Nürnberg, whose main purpose is to get him close to his destination, nothing else.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Sorry, I should have defined what I meant by “interesting”. In the context of a country in which (subject to weather) there ought to be no technically demanding landing sites, I meant interesting from a gastronomic and/or visual point of view. Like Gruyère, for instance, where a nondescript airfield is redeemed by a decent restaurant and pleasant surroundings. Or Breighton, with its private collection of “real aeroplanes” – and home made cakes.

But here’s another lazy question, in case I take the uncomfortable silly French airplane with no a/p: what are the German rules regarding aerobatics?

Is it like the UK where we can do aeros more or less anywhere in Class G, and in CAS with ATC clearance? Or is it more complicated…?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

what_next wrote:

Now I understand what you mean (no need for the rude tone really). I really only thought about his destination “Sonderlandeplatz” airfield close to Nürnberg, whose main purpose is to get him close to his destination, nothing else.

If you expect GA to be a practical transportation tool your on the wrong Continent. I was told that the public transportation system was so good why would anyone bother with GA? It is primarily for fun and sport. That was from a well known GA pilot that most of you know.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

If you expect GA to be a practical transportation tool your on the wrong Continent. I was told that the public transportation system was so good why would anyone bother with GA? It is primarily for fun and sport. That was from a well known GA pilot that most of you know.

I disagree. I use it as a practical transportation tool. Sure it is a bit harder than in the US but it remains practical.

And this was in a single piston not just the Mustang.

Last Edited by JasonC at 21 Feb 00:47
EGTK Oxford
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message