Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Wagner Lovers?

We had a lovely trip planned in July to hear the Ring Cycle in Erl, on the Austria/German border, with our two boys and their wives.

Sadly, well, not sadly for him, Son 2 has been booked to do his first Don Giovanni (who, opera lovers will know, barely leaves the stage) and therefore has a lot of work to do and can no longer come.

Which means we have a pretty good deal on offer:

• a pair of tickets for the Ring 13th – 16th July
  • a double room in the Posthotel Elerwirt
  • one seat in the front and one in the back of the Navajo from Biggin to Innsbruck and back on 17th July

The cost to you will be the opera tickets, the hotel, your own food and the train from Innsbruck to Erl. The aircraft is going anyway, so there is no cost sharing.

My wife likes having a second pilot sitting in the RHS, I guess rather like I like having two engines, hence the offer on here. You don’t need to be a twin pilot, just someone who will get to a runway if I am incapacitated.

If you are not UK based and would prefer to meet us in Erl, I will consider that if no-one pops up wanting to do the whole thing.

Anyone interested please PM me.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I can’t come alas, but congratulations to your son.

Just now I wish I lived in the UK.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
EGKB Biggin Hill

I’d love to meet Son2!
Tempting, but the problem is the two weekdays I would have to take off. Let me see how much my wife likes the idea. We are fond of opera!

Tököl LHTL

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

I’d love to meet Son2!

You can “meet” him here doing Papageno last year.

https://www.mark-nathan.com

Last Edited by Timothy at 22 May 21:51
EGKB Biggin Hill

N2 has a fine voice.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

We won’t make it, unfortunately. A great idea would be an opera fly in sometime though!

I would love to hear your son live rather than through my tinny IPAD!

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 23 May 08:04
Tököl LHTL

Shame! It’s beginning to look like the tickets will just have to go back to the box office, which is a real pity as they are hen’s teeth apparently.

What makes Erl special for me is that the orchestra is at the back of the stage and the staging in front, which makes the balance between orchestra and voices much better, while allowing you to hear the full and unmuffled sound of the orchestra.

EGKB Biggin Hill
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message