Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA airfields Poland and Budapest

Thank you all again!

EGKB Biggin Hill

C210_Flyer wrote:

About Tokol its not an official airport so Jepp does not include it in the database.
What does it mean that it is not an official airport? It has a location indicator, AFIS, customs and immigration as well. It’s not listed in AIP-Hungary, but it doesn’t seem to list any VFR-only airports.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

C210_Flyer wrote:

Janos good job digging through all that stuff, but as far as I know they do not have Avgas at LHBP. Has that changed?

I recall reading it somewhere that they have it, but now checked in the AIP and they indeed do not seem to have AVGAS. I’ll try to double check, but for the time being please assume that LHBP Ferihegy has no AVGAS.

How do you get by without an Handling charge?

That’s a very very good question how it works in practice, but you can also read the relevant tariff manual section. (I believe we also discussed it in person last fall.) The problem is that there is no GA contact point directly for the airport, only through one of the handlers. There is however a “pro forma invoice request form” published by the airport itself. When I’ll have some spare time, I will send them that requesting a complete quotation and also the exact procedures of pax identification without GA terminal handler involvement.

The other thing is that the Taxi times are a bit off. To get to center city without traffic I find 40 mins is about correct with standard traffic. No traffic 30 mins is doable rush hour it could be an hour.

I drove to the CAA building (very close to the airport) from Deák Ferenc tér (very centre of Budapest) a few times this year during the day, and it was never more than 30 min, but you probably have much more experience driving there than me. The road can certainly get congested and a single accident can shut the main, 2-lane elevated link completely, forcing you to take much slower alternative routes.

The best thing is to take the bus to the subway costs about 2.5 Euros/p

Now there are actually three bus lines serving the airport:
100E (special ticket, ca. 3 EUR/p) to Deák Ferenc tér in the city centre (30-60 min headway)
200E (normal tariff, ca. 1.5 EUR/p) to nearest metró station on the outskirts of the city (ca. 10 min headway)
900E (normal tariff, ca. 1.5 EUR/p) at night, you have to change to another night bus service to get into the actual centre of the city

About Tokol its not an official airport so Jepp does not include it in the database.

Tököl is an official airport, but not public. See below. Here is a list of all airports in Hungary: http://www.nkh.gov.hu/documents/11106/148252/Magyarorsz%C3%A1gi+rep%C3%BCl%C5%91terek+list%C3%A1ja/33c52c74-b442-401f-9e75-34f670c3554d?version=1.9&type=xlsx
They are all official, because you are not allowed to land otherwise (except: helicopter operators – they can land anywhere with owner permission AND agricultural operators – they can land at there private strips, which still need to be registered, but their list is not on the web). But most are not public.

Airborne_Again wrote:

What does it mean that it is not an official airport? It has a location indicator, AFIS, customs and immigration as well.

It’s not a public airport, meaning that in theory they can send you away if they don’t like you. In practice, they operate like a public airport, i.e. you can arrive without any PNR/PPR and will be accepted.
And LHTL Tököl does NOT have customs or immigration. Both are only O/R, but in Hungary you can request customs/immigration to clear you at a farm strip if you pay them (ca. 100 EUR/2-hour slot). So O/R immigration/customs mean nothing.

It’s not listed in AIP-Hungary, but it doesn’t seem to list any VFR-only airports.

AIP Hungary lists public airports. 2 of them are VFR only (LHNY Nyíregyháza and LHUD Szeged), while the rest are VFR and IFR. These airports, being public, must adhere to their published opening times and must accept any traffic when they are open.

[ local copy of above list ]

Last Edited by JnsV at 11 Jul 10:28
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Well dont tell anybody but I got it straight from the administration about airport status. Ive been after them for 4 yrs to get it done so that Jepp would include it in their Navigation data base. Scares the hell out of my passengers when the Instruments are screaming… terrain, terrain, Pull up, pull up! As Im coming in on final.

Private airports can be and are included in the Jepp Data bases Tokol is not LHKV which is Private VFR field only is in the data base.

Ive given up until they finally complete the process before I waste my time with Jepp.

The owners refuse to put any money into the place because they are not sure they want to keep the property as an “airport” or make it into a shopping Mall. That is why nothing there gets done. A few owners have decide to take a chance and build a few hangars. I was told if I wanted to build a hangar it would be ok just make sure it is of the removable temporary type.

KHTO, LHTL
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message