Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Extortionate parking at Angouleme LFBU

Hi,

Just hung up the phone from talking to the operations department at LFBU. From earlier conversations and also on the phone they are really nice people and the airfield looks enticing but according to their tariffs parking is EUR0,40/tonne/hour which makes parking there for three weeks close to EUR400.
I am aware that parking may be at a premium and that I am flying an expensive aircraft but what really pisses me off is that they have a flat annual fee of EUR185 for unlimited parking and landing fees that they won’t sell to me “as a foreigner”.

Does anyone have an idea how I can tackle this? Have tried to contact the local aeroclub but haven’t heard back from them..

Thanks
Martin

EDLN and EDKB

Maybe gently mention you might consider reporting them to the European Union? Germany is in trouble because of a “foreigner” tax for cars…
Or make someone call who speaks good French

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Good idea @Sebastian_G but I really, really want to be a nice German in France, not the Kraut who cites European legislation. I will probably reroute to Perigueux which is only 20NM more.. I will also try to talk to management who are on vacation this week. They offer free car parking and the EUR185 flatrate is good enough for me. I still can’t get my head around the idiot bureaucrat who denies me to pay that..

EDLN and EDKB

mrfacts wrote:

I will also try to talk to management who are on vacation this week

Good idea. And if you mention the EU as Sebastian sais “gently” I don’t think this will miff them too much, as e.g. threatening with a lawyer would.

I suppose you got the book answer from some desk drone who does not want or is not authorized to go anywhere outside his rulebook. Management should be able to.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This really doesn’t sound right.

Last time I went there I didn’t pay a penny.

I’ll ask the president of Angouleme flying club.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Thanks @Bordeaux_Jim,

I didn’t find an angle with the aeroclub. The really friendly tower guy told me that the club have a secretary on a part time basis. I wanted to talk to her tomorrow as it seems that they may have hangarage. I did now land at LFBU as it is close to our holiday home but am planning to take the airplane to Basillac if I don’t have a solution by tomorrow.

EDLN and EDKB

Response received from the aeroclub.

No way of getting around the fees :-(

They suggested landing at Chalais or Couhé Verac instead, where there are no landing or parking fees.

If you need help or fuel on the way down you’re welcome to make a stop at my base in Saucats (LFCS).

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Good French business sense!! Better (easier?) to complain about the economy! Sorry if I’m not sympathetic. A bit like Greece.

And people might wonder how the American economy continues to churn along despite Trump … there’s your answer

Last Edited by chflyer at 16 Jul 20:53
LSZK, Switzerland

Thank you @Bordeaux_Jim
Will relocate to Bassilac today.

@chflyer Always the minibar problem. No one uses it which makes it expensive so no one uses it

Rumours are airfield ownership goes back to the city next year. Privatization doesn’t always work..

EDLN and EDKB

The airplane is now at Perigueux and one pilot is very happy with this decision.
I grudgingly paid the EUR52.50 for two days at Angoulême and flew the 18 minutes to Perigueux where the parking is a totally acceptable EUR3.84 per day and where people couldn’t be friendlier.

EDLN and EDKB
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message