Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German airfields with good lunch on field

Any good ones in north germany?

EKRK, Denmark

Well, if you don’t have any particular runway requirements, then it becomes difficult to compile such list, because in Germany, almost every airfield of a certain minimum size has a restaurant. Also, all of them tend to be decent (not great cuisine, but decent food).

A few such airfields in the very north of Germany that spring to mind:

Flensburg
St. Peter Ording
Rendsburg
Kiel (jugoslav)
Helgoland
Juist
Heide-Büsum
Wilhelmshafen
Barth
Rügen
Uetersen

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Germany is large, JasonC. Any ideas where in Germany this meeting will be :) ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Helgoland

Helgoland? Last time I went there, we had to travel to the next island to get any sort of food except snacks….. But I will agree with Koblenz (EDRK) (great Greek food) and also Trier Föhren (EDRT) – but you’ll probably need a reservation at the restaurant next to the tower (great salads there). Dinslaken Schwarze Heide (EDLD) is another airfield I can recommend with a greek restaurant on site or for culinary highlights, I can suggest Arnsberg (EDLA).

Hildesheim (EDVM) I would doubly recommend because it’s run by the local AWO – an organisation to help mentally / physically handicapped people find work. Went there last week and had a great lunch sitting on the patio watching meat bombs dropping out of the sky – and the bill wasn’t expensive either.

EDL*, Germany

C210_Flyer wrote:

Can anyone along with the recommendation of a field (airport) with a restaurant please give airport charges (all) that one can expect? I know that that the figures might not be exact but at least it gives one an idea of what might be considered.

The problem is, someone might say the landing fee is 6€ but omit to say it was for a C42 so what I tend to do is go to www.eddh.de to find out the latest infos – they are usually pretty up to date for the larger fields.

With my SR20, I usually pay 11 – 14€ for my landing fees at the fields I’ve mentioned; some of them are also in the Landegutschein Heft – costs around 50€ and you get 3 free landings at those field which are listed. if you go here you can see all the fuel pricing for german airfields (select other countries at the top if necessary) and if the X is crossed under the column LGH, you can use the Landegutschein Heft to land there three times free of charge.

EDL*, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Flensburg
St. Peter Ording
Rendsburg
Kiel (jugoslav)
Helgoland
Juist
Heide-Büsum
Wilhelmshafen
Barth
Rügen
Uetersen

I would add Leer-Papenburg EDWF to that list. The local “Flugplatz Restaurant” has decent though not extraordinary food. And fuel is cheap and the landing fee is waived if you refuel. 1200 m Asphalt, no Instrument approach though (for reasons unknown despite being a bizjet base)

Last Edited by MedEwok at 08 Aug 18:05
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Hey, just saw the tag ‘freshly minted’ – well done MedEwok – another PPL to swell the ranks……

EDL*, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Well, if you don’t have any particular runway requirements, then it becomes difficult to compile such list, because in Germany, almost every airfield of a certain minimum size has a restaurant. Also, all of them tend to be decent (not great cuisine, but decent food).

Just enough for a Piper Arrow to get there. Thanks!

EKRK, Denmark

EuroFlyer wrote:

Germany is large, JasonC. Any ideas where in Germany this meeting will be :) ?

Well yes, it was in southern Germany as the OP mentioned. In the end stuck with tried and tested Straubing due to logistics but the other ideas appreciated. It highlighted that there are many better options than the restaurant in Straubing.

EGTK Oxford

In southern Germany, EDTG Bremgarten has a really cool restaurant Fliegerhorst . They have collection of restored vintage aircraft and the ambience is very aviation inspiring.

Bad Worishofen (EDDM) is another which is good but does not meet your Asphalt runway criteria. Aalen (EDPA) is also very good, quite a big airpark, adjacent restaurant good parking facilities. They have lunch buffet where you can eat only salads if one is concerned about upsetting W&B ;)

Germany
Sign in to add your message