Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German airfields with good lunch on field

Fliegertaschenkalendar ?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Thanks!

Is there any publications that include airfields for gliders and ultralight aviation?

Czech Republic

No, in Germany there is no such a thing as unlicensed airfields really, so the AIP VFR will give you all the available airfields. (It is not allowed in Germany to take off or land outside of designated airfields.)

The exeption is microlight-only and glider-only airfields. These you could theoretically use if you are in a microlight or a motorglider, but they are not covered in the AIP VFR.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Oct 15:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Is it going to contain all the airfields which exist in reality and in good shape, but for some reason (maybe they don’t have some sort of license) are not listed in the official AIP? Usually, many countries fail to include a lot of aerodromes, because of bureaucracy and certification issues, although they’re not abandoned and used by pilots in real life.

Last Edited by igor at 27 Oct 15:17
Czech Republic

What you need is the German “AIP VFR”, which is published by DFS (both in paper and digitally). Check any German pilot shop on the web.

Alternatively, you can buy the Jeppesen Airway Manual VFR for Germany. The “coverage” is the same, just the style is different.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’m looking for a list of German aerodromes: public airports, private airfields, even small grass ones. Can anybody provide a link to it? It would be great if it’s published by somewhat respected and known company (like a Pooley’s Flight Guide for the UK) or by the German CAA (which is less likely to have everything listed in the AIP).

Czech Republic

Perhaps I was just unlucky, but last time I ate at the Strasbourg restaurant I ended up with a horrible bout of stomach illness. I won’t go into details, but it was pretty awful!

Not far from there is the small airfield of Sarre-Union. Tiny runway in the middle of nowhere, BUT walk in to the clubhouse and you’ll find a log fire, and a chef who had a Michelin star in a previous life. Well worth a visit.

LFCS (Bordeaux LĂ©ognan Saucats)

Peter_Mundy wrote:

EDDM is Munchen, not Bad Worishofen

My Bad, its EDNH I was referring to.

Germany

EDRG Idar-Oberstein is nice, you can order your steak during approach (at least you could 3 years ago) and it will be done right on time when you step out of your aircraft :-)

Fun Fact: Bruce Willis is from Idar-Oberstein

LEBL, Spain

EDDM is Munchen, not Bad Worishofen

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message