Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel/rest stop from Berlin to Sabadell, Spain?

But your story continues after Annecy and it has a twist… would you mind sharing it?

achimha wrote:

But your story continues after Annecy and it has a twist… would you mind sharing it?

I will but how did you know???

EHLE, Netherlands

I think Achimha was watching FR24…

lenthamen wrote:

I think Achimha was watching FR24

Ohhh hahaha that makes sense. Wall of thunderstorms. Looked like we could get around it but upon getting close it was clear that it wasn’t going to happen. Also had Barcelona telling us we’d arrive after Sabadell closed and we could not land, announcing different closing times each time. Never mind our flight path toward the storm…

EHLE, Netherlands

Nickmatic wrote:

Ohhh hahaha that makes sense. Wall of thunderstorms. Looked like we could get around it but upon getting close it was clear that it wasn’t going to happen. Also had Barcelona telling us we’d arrive after Sabadell closed and we could not land, announcing different closing times each time. Never mind our flight path toward the storm…

Spanish ATC always make things interesting.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Spanish ATC always make things interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244156/Spanish-air-traffic-controllers-earn-800-000—replaced-automatic-systems.html

The banking crisis has taught us: the higher the salaries, the more incompetent the people in charge.

Last Edited by achimha at 12 Sep 08:34

JasonC wrote:

Spanish ATC always make things interesting

The conversation with them was quite humorous. I’m quite sure the controller was pretending not to understand me. I think I have some of it recorded.

EHLE, Netherlands

So you ended up going to Gerona? How was that? Expensive I presume?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

So you ended up going to Gerona? How was that? Expensive I presume?

Girona actually was surprisingly easy. I haven’t gotten the bill from Iberia for the handling but I was told it would be about 40€. The airport fees were about 35€ and they were quite friendly and helpful. In the end it was a good choice since we had to be in Barcelona that night and we just rented a car.

EHLE, Netherlands
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message