Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To the end of the world

Great trip report and a very fine Mooney – might you share some details on the model and avionics? It looks like you carried out all the planning and research.

One day I hope to carry out Cartagena to Ushuaia…but on a push bike , and single engine.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Looking great, fly safe!

ESSZ, Sweden

What a wonderful adventure! Thanks for sharing it!

If you have more photos of Greenland, I’d love to see them!

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Great trip !! Already looking fwd to the next installment !

what_next wrote:

I would simply not be brave enough to do that in a single otherwise

So true!

Friedrichshafen EDNY

A wonderful report. Good luck with the rest of the trip. An excellent reminder that equipment (ie engine) is not the determinant of success on these sort of trips. It is mostly preparation and planning. A piston engine is very reliable if well maintained.

EGTK Oxford

Wow, what a trip. We’ve just bought a very similar aeroplane, so this is quite inspiring!

EGEO

Great trip and report. Thank you.

LPFR, Poland

RobertL18C wrote:

a very fine Mooney – might you share some details on the model

I can answer that part. It’s a M20K (252) – one of my favorits back when I didn’t know that much about costs of ownership
terbang – thanks for the great report. This kind of trip will remain a dream for me unfortunately and – to be honest – I wouldn’t have the balls to do it in a SEP. Have fun

EDLE

what_next wrote:

I would simply not be brave enough to do that in a single otherwise.

Guy I know does not fly Swiss long haul anymore because they only have twins now, he goes via LH and only on flights operated by 4 engined planes even if it takes days more…. everyone has to decide on his own what risk to take and what not. Staying home is not safe either…

With an airplane and engine I know well I would probably have done it if I could have made the time, but it was not to be and won’t in the future either. But a nice M20K 252 like this is the ideal long range GA traveller. Fast, economical and very reliable if properly maintained. There are many in the Mooney world who think the 252 was the best Mooney ever and I tend to agree. It was the the best of the K series anyhow.

Great trip Terbang, hope to see more. And congrats on that Equator crossing.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message