Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Vienna airport LOAV or LOWW

At Barcelona for example the taxi clearance had about 15 items in it. I don't ask for progressive taxi but if I am confused I stop while I work it out or ask for help.

EGTK Oxford

My favorite on the radio after touchdown: "Request progressive taxi". It should be "Sorry, I was too lazy to figure out your taxiway maze so just give me turn by turn navigation and do something for your money"

I find that in Europe most larger airports give progressive taxi instructions to non regular crews -- to avoid the risk of incursions whereas in the US it is standard to expect you to know your way around but give you progressive taxi instructions if you request them. A lot of the glass cockpits have geo referenced taxi charts and JeppFD on the iPad supports it for most larger airports in Europe as well.

Socata TB20 Trinidad, MTOW 1400 kg.

Yes, taxing was the most challenging but I was better prepared on departure than on the arrival. On arrival I took M instead of L but tower warned me immediately and provided guidance to correct.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

To put these costs into perspective what is the type of aircraft you took to LOWW?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Nice Emir. I find at these airports the taxiing is the biggest challenge.

EGTK Oxford

But I had to try it to check if I was capable to do that. Next time Vienna will definitely not be Schwechat.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Or Stockerau. Much closer to Vienna (the closest of all).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi Emir, next time better go to LOAG (Krems) take a train to vienna and instead of 327 Euros it will be closer to 27 Euros. regards detlev

EDHE

Didn't I say so?... ;-)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Landed yesterday at LOWW and took off today. Nice but expensive experiance

Approach via bunch of WW points, few times getting shortcuts, keeping between 130 and 160 KIAS and answering to questions "can you do 170?" or "can you keep 140 until short final?" and landing behind Aibus A320 and in front of Embraer 190 in a kind of sandwich, keeping 130 KIAS until short final and deploying everything in last few seconds, taxing fast like hell, vacating RW as soon as possible and receiving tanks from ATC and Embraer's captain Taxing was doable but I missed marshaler car at begining of GA apron by 100 m, made 180 and follwed it to final parking place.

Departure was easier although I missed to get clearance from Delivery (didn't know that I had to do that before asking for start-up). Taxing was easy (because I was prepared better), RW was crowdy but I didn't wait too much, after first two-three WW points I got direct to UMBIL and very soon direct to PETOV (Croatian border) getting practticaly DCT from LOWW to LDZA.

Total cost of landing, handling and parking EUR 327 although the initial info was that it would be around 200. But you have to pay every lesson

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message