Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PIREP on Genoa airport (LIMJ)

Yes; parking tends to be cheap at many big Italian airports. It’s the other fees which usually make it very expensive.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Pricing looks reasonable having in mind other Italian airports. Parking at €0.11 per ton per day (I guess below €6.50 per day with VAT for 2-ton aircraft) s pretty cheap in today’s terms.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

At least, they seem to have cancellled the silly PPR fees mentioned above. The current price list can be found here. For more infos, including the truckload of infos they want beforehand, see here. They even ask for credit card details, although they don‘t seem to have any cancellation fees.

A PA46T pilot just reported „only“ 135€ total fees on Skydemon.

And by the way, Albenga (LIMG) is now also 100€ for a similar thing.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 20 Oct 17:55

Luckily ATC is still friendly and open. And “free”
Done quite a few CTR crossings (the latest 3 days ago), and always got what I asked for

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Unfortunately, like many others, Genoa has now also decided to get rid of the lower end of GA visitors. As of the beginning of the next year, they have introduced a ridiculous 80€/150€ “parking PPR processing fee”. This comes on top of the ~100€ of other fees for an overnight stay.

It’s a funny thing… in reality, the door doesn’t much at all, or at least not noticeably. It’s an effect of the video.

Thanks for the PIREP and the video, although this flapping access door on the top cowl made me slightly nervous while watching

EDLE

Many thanks @boscomanitco

I tried to get In this summer on the way to Tivat. I did email a week before but the parking was full (late August).

Took your advice and went to Albenga this year… thanks again for that really nice place.

Where would you go to see German Castles?

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Actually, many of the Italian Air BP airports are in this 2,00€ price range right now.

Interesting, that means fuel in Italy has become cheaper than in Germany at bigger airports? That was the other way around recently and one reason for me to avoid Italy. I have seen Genua three or four times from the air to my way to/from Corsica. Next time I will plan a stop there, thank you for the info.

Berlin, Germany

What AOC?

Needless to say, if it hadn’t been the fully taxed price, I would have said so.

Actually, many of the Italian Air BP airports are in this 2,00€ price range right now. Firenze, Bologna, Perugia, etc. But check again before going!

Many people forget or fail to factor in fuel prices into the total equation when chosing their destinations. I do it. As an example, this fuel price actually makes Genoa an overall cheaper affair than the much praised Albenga (LIMG) airport. There, you pay not all that much less in terms of fees (60€), but then get a 2,45€ fuel price on top. Do your own math.

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message