Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for info on Are Ostersund Aiport ESNZ

Sorry we were discussing another airport nearby. I have picked ESNZ as first choice (due to rental car being available as well as IAP) but now reviewing as that high fee for ground power doesn’t seem to indicate much GA friendliness

When are you going?

ESSZ, Sweden

9-11 feb

Allright! I hope you get a great trip. The problem with car rental availability is not so easy to solve for the smaller club fields.

ESSZ, Sweden

@Noe

Optand is about 13km from Östersund and I don’t think you can get a rental there but a cab shouldn’t be more then about 60-70 Euros to Östersund where you can get a rental.

You can also check with the local aero club. Maybe someone will drive you if the get a ground tour of your aircraft.

For Åre/Molanda it is about 8km to the rental cars. There is a cab company in Järpen but I don’t know if they are easy to get a hold on.

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

Noe wrote:

Is that somewhere where people can for instance learn to drive (or driving courses) without being on the public roads?

Yes. In particular to practise handling the car in extreme situations or on slippery surfaces.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thanks All. Looking into the rental for Are/Molanda, but at this point it’s likely that I just leave the plane in Trondheim and do the extra drive from there. Flying in sweden might have to wait for another time!

Noe wrote:

The fee for ground power (…) seems to be about 5000 SEK (500 GBP/EUR).

If your weight budget is not tight, take a Lithium battery start unit with you, it is only 7.2kg. https://www.redboxaviation.com has good reputation, and avoid Aero-Pac. If you leave it in your hotel room instead of in the plane, it will not suffer from reduced performance from the cold when you will go start your plane :)

ELLX

It was a bit tight but had bigger issue, pretty much total loss of power on right engine in the middle of night over the North Sea.
Flew commercial today but having a big loss feeling

29 Posts
Sign in to add your message