Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airports that require special qualifications

Fly310 wrote:

Where do I find contact details for Megéve?

4 posts above, click the link, 3rd entry in the right column.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 09 Oct 08:25

Thanks! :)

ESSZ, Sweden

Over a traditionally-constructed Cumbrian lunch yesterday, we discussed the possibility of resuscitating the British branch of the EMP (of which I gather I’m the “sleeping” representative).

The European Mountain Pilots Federation was set up in 1991 in Clacton-on-Sea…

The objective of a British branch, I suppose, might be to establish, promote, protect, and promulgate private sites in the UK and Ireland on which people could experience and practice the MOU (wheels) techniques without necessarily having to hold a formal qualification or rating.

If anyone is remotely interested, please shoot me a PM (I should probably re-phrase that, but you know what I mean).

ATB, Peter

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Airports that require special qualifications

Dear all,
I was wondering if there is an overview of airports that require special qualification to land (either VFR or IFR) besides crawling through AIPs. And also what kind of requirements are there?
I know about the mountain rating for designated airports, then we have online theory tests like for Lugano and then practical instruction like in Mannheim. What did I miss?
Tobias

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

LFMD here
but I don’t know of any overview

Last Edited by Flyamax at 28 Nov 14:14
France

LSZS, Samedan. Online test and instruction flight before use.

LSZH, Zürich. Online test.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

LSZH, Zürich. Online test.

For VFR flights I believe only.

Also LSGS Sion. Online test plus possible flight in certain circumstances.

Last Edited by JasonC at 28 Nov 15:41
EGTK Oxford

Lugano LSZA.

Cannes LFMD – online test and you print off a certificate

Then you get airports which need special / increasing qualifications according to how far down the instrument approach you are going. Bolzano LIPB is one such.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LFTZ St tropez la mole. Very nice chap doing qualifications (and it’s an easy one to do), PM me for contact if you want.

LSZA if you want to fly IFR there (even if going VFR, I highly recommend following the instrument approach for a “wow” moment when you see how steep it is)

Helgoland EDXH requires 100 hrs as PIC

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
Sign in to add your message