Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip Report: Lanzarote to Alicante (Agadir, Casablanca and Tanger)

Hello Speed!
Do you have any informations about the schedule for phasing out civilian use at LELC, Murcia and transferring it to “Región de Murcia International Airport”, LEMI?
As AENA runs LEMI, high handling fees will be the norm there as well and all airports with custom facility will be run by the AENA then. … :( … What will be your airport of choice to fly to Maroc?

Hi, we are expecting LEMI to open early next year but I am afraid there is no further info available. Since it is going to be a relatively small airport I don’t expect high taxes but just in cas I’d be looking at Jerez LEJR or LEGR Granada.

Regards

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Gosh I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to re-visit the PA38 – an aircraft in which I did my IMC rating back in 1999. Slow, very fiddly door mechanism which I never quite trusted, and noisy. Yuck.

But I’d love to know how much the landing/parking fees were at Agadir and Tanger, since my next big trip is heading Morocco-way.

United Kingdom

Hello Speed!
Do you have any informations about the schedule for phasing out civilian use at LELC, Murcia and transferring it to “Región de Murcia International Airport”, LEMI?
As AENA runs LEMI, high handling fees will be the norm there as well and all airports with custom facility will be run by the AENA then. … :( … What will be your airport of choice to fly to Maroc?

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

But you can actually file plans on your own device.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

We had to stop by every airport office to pay for the landing fees so we also filed the Fplans there.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Thanks you for this report. Murcia seems a GA-friendly airport !
How did you file your FPL in Morocco ? Via SD or in an office ?

PS : Nice to read an active fighter pilot involved in GA ! Aviation is often too fragmented.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 02 May 06:20
LFOU, France

Like Peter I did my first few hours in a PA38 and although they don’t have the best reputation I have a sizeable soft spot for them. I would love to go up and log a few more hours in one now I actually have my PPL. Nice report to stir my appetite!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Tanger is on my bucket list as well – was last there in about 1968 – British Caledonian DC7 (?) to Gibraltar and then Gibraltar Airways DC-3 to Tanger. Stayed at the El Mouniria ( famous for its connection with William Burroughs (The Naked Lunch)) and just down the road from the Atlas Hotel where the Stones were staying. Those were the days

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 29 Apr 15:18
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Thanks speed for your detailed trip report,12h in 3 days in a PA38 is a stretch of what you can achieve in GA

Pity you have to file FP and follow specific VRP/sectors and keep ATC contact for VFR in Morocco (I remember, I needed this for gliders flying around Ouarzazate )

PS: South Spain/North Morocco are on my to do list, so will give you a shout when around

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Many thanks for the great report, Speed

I did half my PPL in a PA38 and really admire anyone with the stamina to do a trip like this in one of them!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message