Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little day trip Shoreham EGKA to Caernarfon EGCK 30 June 2018

A little day trip to Caernarfon EGCK, in the wonderful wx we are having.

I had not been there for about 10 years. The town has changed a little bit, with a lot more stuff open and 1 or 2 places serving edible food

The airport was very friendly and easy. On approach they asked me if I got PPR; I replied I phoned up the day before, and I heard no more about it. I had actually phoned up and told them I was coming the following day but that guy never asked my reg or anything… There was virtually no activity so the PPR is the usual bogus thing.

The flight is really scenic especially the last bit over Snowdonia. I filmed the whole flight in HD (X3000 camera) but just now discovered the camera had recorded only a couple of seconds. Clearly, in the busy time of the preflight inspection, I pressed the Record button for a bit too long. Damn annoying and I must make a note to check the little red LED!

1.30hrs on the way there, 2:00 on the way back and largely due to short-staffed Shoreham ATC being on a mandatory break for half an hour so I had to slow way down to about 100kt to get the projected ETA to hit the end of their break.

Flying pics Pentax K1 24-70 f2.8, ground pics Samsung S7, the better ones were done in raw → Lightroom.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

How did you get into town Peter?
Taxi?

Egnm, United Kingdom

Taxi, £20 each way. Way too far to walk.

Administrator

Lovely flying weather and nice pictures, Peter.

But I am disturbed (!!) by what seem to be two windmills having been installed ON the airfield ADJACENT to the main runway? Can that actually be the case? What possible justification can there be for that?

HighFly
EDDM

I reckon it is an imaginative local implementation of the Darwin Award Scheme

Administrator

I’m sure they did it to make money from the wind turbines. They’ve been there for a while. I think you need to be “checked out” to use the runway nearest the wind turbines.

Andreas IOM
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message