Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ouessant (aka Ushant) LFEC

Rwy20 wrote:

But “runway in use” is a required read back according to your list?

I would interpret that:
“G-XXXX Runway in use 22” is a runway in use call
while
“G-XXXX report final 22” isn’t (provided that the runway in use has actually been provided before). I don’t recall runway in use instructions being passed that way, but could easily be wrong.

I think reading back the runway, regardless of how it is used, is a good idea – the purpose of the readback is, after all, error avoidance.

Of course the FISO should have said “Runway in use 22, report final” instead of “Report final 22”, but even if his phraseology is less-than-by-the-book I would prefer to reply with something that includes the runway designator. Not only, but especially if the runway is 20/02.

So one reply could be “runway in use 22, wilco”, or if you think that is perhaps a bit too “my radio work is more precise than yours”, just read back what he said. It’s only 4-5 words, anyway.

Biggin Hill

Based on this I could fly into LFEC (obviously having cleared customs on the way from the UK) if I had a french speaking license holder in the RHS?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is there any interest in this?

I have a potential French speaking passenger who has a PPL.

Administrator

If anyone interested, I can hop in at LFRG or LFOP (customs port of entry) and be translator for the legs to/from LFEC. Just tell me the date a few weeks before.

LFOU, France

I was meaning to go this summer, but never got round to it. It’s finding the time :( Lots of choice in Brittany for the douane (Brest, Morlaix, Lannion, Saint Brieuc, Quimper) but all are 24h notice.

One aircraft could do the radio for a formation I suppose

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The Q is whether to do this before xmas, or wait for warm wx? I am quite happy to do it on a nice sunny winter day.

How many would be interested?

Administrator

We’re up for it.

The feedback I get is that at this time of the year the place would be rather dead – even more than Alderney

Administrator

We need to do a fly-in there in 2019, because according to wiki there will soon be nobody left

It makes Alderney look like a thriving metropolis

Administrator
Sign in to add your message