Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Quick schengen Italy/Croatia question

Interesting!
How will you write Item 18? Just “crew and passenger passports carried” or some such?

United Kingdom

@Stodge
Our flight was delayed by a day (due to pax schedule) but we did this flight yesterday.
I filed the flight plan 24 hours before with my phone number and in case 18: all passengers have valid documentation for expatriation.
Flight was non event it’s my first time in Croatia (Losinj).
We got passport check on arrival by Croatian Police and were on the taxi 5 minutes after landing !

Have a nice flight
Regards

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Welcome to Croatia and have a pleasant stay at Losinj.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Excellent stuff Romain – and thanks!
Have fun in Losinj – I shall be there myself next month…

United Kingdom

I was in Losinj 26-28 Aug

I reckon EuroGA has multiplied the traffic at these island airports – especially Brac.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You may well be right, Peter. I was at Losinj the last weekend of July and there were over 30 SEP’s there. It was just popping at the seams. They were even parking some along the south rwy acess taxiway and on the grass slope towards the runway. But no one was turned away. Most seemed to have just come for the weekend as few were left on Monday morning.

losinj1
losinj2

LSZK, Switzerland

Ah…lovely to see Losinj crammed with little planes. If only it could be like that in Greece!

Croatia + Slovenia are proving a planning doddle for my September odyssey but Greece rather less so, not least because emails rarely get answered, and the costs of even non-Fraport airfields using Skyserv as handlers are still pretty darn high – and this doesn’t include the litany of opening-closing times which is a Rubik’s cube all of its own, or the PPR, or the lack of AVGAS in most airports, or the slot issues for IFR, or the paucity of ports of entry, or the fact there even needs to be a port of entry from another Schengen+EU country… and so on and on. And on.

It’s a wonder anybody flies there at all.

The trouble is, I absolutely love the country. What is a poor pilot to do, except maybe throw his hands up and take Easyjet? But that would be rather missing the point.

United Kingdom

The poor pilot has to follow the procedures which work and a long range plane helps a great deal.

So, from Croatia, especially Dubrovnik, you can reach any part of Greece, which means you can reach Sitia which has all the functions, and from there you can do all the little (not fraport-ripped-off) Greek islands. Plus there is Ionina now (not been there yet).

The fraported airports will either take €300-400 from you (and most have no avgas anyway) or you can do them by airline. For example Kefalonia is an easy Easyjet job and you then get a pretty good Greek holiday without any concern about the wx etc.

Most years, Justine have done two trips to Greece; one by airline and one by TB20. The TB20 ones will become less common mainly because we have done most of the islands which have airports – but not all and there are a few more trips left. The fraported ones we have mostly done, by airline or by TB20 in the pre-fraport days.

Also remember that the money which the fraported airports skim off you is no more than what you spent on avgas on a relatively short flight. My LDLO-EGKA fillup yesterday was £450!

Administrator

Peter I’m a little jealous that you got in there in the heady pre-Fraport era!

You’re right, I could get to Sitia from Dubrovnik in my C182 (not a seven-league-booted as your TB20 but not bad either), and would have done except I’m going on to Kithira (which doesn’t have customs or AVGAS – at least yet). So Ioannina is my only sensible airport of choice.

If anybody’s interested I’ll set down my experiences when I go there in late Sept.

United Kingdom

Yes please do write it up. It would be great to have a trip report from other than the usual suspects

Kithira is a port of entry for the EU – see the Greek AOPA site and other posts here. So you could fly LDDU-LGKC etc.

I think Losinj was always relatively popular for GA. Southern Germans for example could even do it as a lunch trip. The one which has really grown in GA traffic is Brac and I am sure it is all the talk on EuroGA and the very good SEO here.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message