Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Turkey via Bulgaria

Alexis wrote:

They are all German citizens, have a German passport. Real enough for me.

I know this topic does not fit this site but I want to explain my different opinion, sorry for that Peter.
The majority of Turks living in Germany see the Shariah above german basic rules (Grundgesetz), so they choose a dictatorial system in their homeland and are in favour of the death penalty. The liberal democratic system in Germany is thus not compatible. As Germans, however only Turks can be viewed who in Germany adept themselves to the rules and their culture. We do have some. But according to Mr. Erdogan Assimilation is a crime. Also most Turks in Germany even in third generation call themselves Turks, not Germans.

Emir wrote:

BTW “Real” German people can also easily end up in Turkish jail for doing/saying wrong things against official policy.

You are right. But typical Germans in Turkey are tourists without any interest in politics.

Berlin, Germany

This needs an answer: No way do most, or even many, Turkish people put the Shariah over German Law. That’s simply not true. Most Turks in Germany are law abiding German citizens and it is only a small minority of fools (like everywhere) that creates problems.

For the time beeing I prefer oter destinations, but Emir’s flight was great. I thunk I’ll make a little weeked trip to Plovdiv, looks like a great place. But first I’ll fly to Krakow (PL)

Alexis wrote:

But first I’ll fly to Krakow (PL)

Krakow is really nice destination. I visited Krakow few times for business purposes but in April 2016 I flew there over the weekend just as tourist. Don’t miss Wieliczka salt mine if you haven’t been there.

BTW Check the airport prices and landing availability in advance to avoid being surprised. And try to avoid refueling there because they charge additional fuel surcharge for lower quantities (AFAIK it was some 50-60€) which they don’t specify whan you ask for fuel prices.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great information, thank you Emir! I can get home without refueling, of I’d refuel in Pribram (CZ) if it’s VMC, Avgas “only” € 1,90 there.
I also want to make another trip to Split this fall … have not been to Croatia this year!

So, where does it say in this article that “Turkish people in Germany put the Shariah over German Law” …?
It is very sad that so many Turks in Germany support autocracy, that much is true for sure. But the article does not support your claim.

Alexis wrote:

So, where does it say in this article that “Turkish people in Germany put the Shariah over German Law” …?

The fact that 63 percent of Turks in Germany (much more than in Turkey) have voted for an islamic dictatorship is proof enough.

As a further proof, a survey of the University Münster in Germany can be seen (unfortunately only in German language):

https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjWlpq8o8XWAhXILlAKHRX-AioQFghKMAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bayernkurier.de%2Finland%2F14360-fuer-viele-steht-der-islam-ueber-dem-grundgesetz%2F&usg=AFQjCNEAgAn1zDutFQG-urDhj_trYR7jxQ

To return to the subject I would like to fly to Turkey as well and further. This trip report is of great interest to me, many thanks for posting.

Berlin, Germany

Erdogan is a lot of things, and I am not a fan of him. But other than you suggest Turkey is an autocracy but not an “islamic dictaorship”. At least not yet.

highflyer wrote:

This trip report is of great interest to me, many thanks for posting.

I’m sorry that I haven’t collected more info about flying in Turkey because everything was organized and paid by my friend However, I got some contacts and next time I’ll try to do on my own, having Tamer as backup in case of need.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

highflyer wrote:

AFAIK these people are Turkish citizens with turkish and german passports, no real german people.

I was told that Germany does not have duel citizenship. Was I misinformed?

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message