Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK to France flights (Lee on Solent EGHF -> Beauvais-Tille LFOB -> Lognes LFPL)

Hello

This saturday I intend to journey into france for the first time. I intend to clear customs at Beauville and then onto Lognes. It’s very different to the UK and the language does not help. So far I have:

1) Send my FPL and a “handling request” form to Beauville. I’ve told them I don’t need handling, just customs. Will they arrange immigration to come to the aircraft or should I be contacting someone else. I rang Duanne from the AIP, but the language difficulty left me uncertain – they just said ring airport who have left me equally unsure. I have not sent any passport numbers anywhere.

2) Lognes simply told me that ATC is closed and french only on the weekend, and I can park on the apron for one week if there’s space. Again, language difficulty, but I didnt seem to require permission

Would be grateful for anyone else the know to advise if I’m doing it correct.

many thanks
Gareth

United Kingdom

Guess you mean Deauville.

On 1) It really depends on what the AIP/NOTAM says. At some French airports, the customs notification goes to airport OPS, and they take care of it. At other French airports, airport OPS does not want to have to do with it, and you have to send the notification directly to customs. Deauville is of the former type, so if you have done the notification to them, you’re good. However, the AIP specifically says you need to send them a mandatory Gendec, so if you haven’t yet sent them the POB details yet, then you are probabably not done yet… Contact them again.

On 2) If you are not half-fluent in French, then Lognes being A/A only unfortunately rules out this airport for you. It is a VERY busy one, so you need to able to coordinate with the other traffic properly. Other than that, yes, Lognes is not generelly PPR, and yes, you cannot officially reserve any parking spots.

P.S. Don’t forget UK GARs. Required both inbound to and outbound from the UK.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Feb 14:03
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi

Thanks for the check through. I am going to Beauville-Tille (LFOB) not Deauville, just to clear customs.

best wishes
Gareth

United Kingdom

geetaps wrote:

I am going to Beauville-Tille (LFOB) not Deauville, just to clear customs.

Then it’s ‘Beauvais-Tille’ :-)

ENVA, Norway

Yes I guess it would be helpful to spell the airport correctly :-)

United Kingdom

Unhelpfully I’ve just discovered my daughters passport is expiring, so all now moot. thanks for the help!

United Kingdom

Thread title typos fixed and ICAO codes added

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just a note, Beauville-Tille wanted 300eur for handling to clear customs. This is for a PA28

United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message