Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unable to zoom inset map on G1000 PFD

Does anyone happen to know what would prevent the inset map on the PFD of a G1000 with synthetic vision to be zoomed in or out? What should I be looking for to understand the issue?

LFPT, LFPN

You should try with emergency mode (dual PFD+EIS) and watch if the inset on the right screen works correctly when zooming.
It would rule out a software bug.

If so, I would suggest an ill button (as the zoom in and out button only serves for that function)

Does it respond to autozoom? At which level is it stuck? Did you operate it before?

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

@Aviathor, did you solve this? If not how is the setting of the MFD map? What kind or airframe do you have?

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

This is a DA42NG-conversion with synthetic vision. The MFD is set to HDG UP if that is what you were asking.

I can of course get the exact HW and SW versions.

LFPT, LFPN

Yes let me know and I can see what I can do. Please also see my other questions.

Last Edited by Jesse at 27 Jan 21:27
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Does this help?

To display/hide the Inset Map press the INSET softkey.
To change the Inset Map scale rotate the PFD Joystick knob.

USFlyer wrote:

I see you have great faith in my capabilities.

It does not respond to the PFD zoom button, and from memory it is stuck at 2 NM. I’ll look into the other questions on Friday and get back with more info.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 27 Jan 21:46
LFPT, LFPN

USFlyer wrote:

Does this help?

Please! What makes you write a post like that?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

post like that

If he has done the basics and it doesn’t work then stating the obvious is always appropriate. It won’t be a software glitch. Likely the joystick itself.

Last Edited by USFlyer at 28 Jan 00:39
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message