Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unified Fuel Price Chart

If anyone knows of a decent repository of fuel prices, I would be profoundly grateful to receive it.

From my (too many) searches over the years, it seems that there are pockets of well-maintained information, and apps/etc really try to make it possible for users to input data, but I don’t see anything really coming together in this sector.

This group (EuroGA Forum) seems to be better than most I dig into, so if no-one knows of a real-world universal fuel price chart, I’d love to see if we can make something like this happen.
Anyone else in the same position? Want to do something about it with me?
I’ll post all the fuel prices I see, as long as the list is populated by others who are diligent as well, and we all agree on one, unified location.

Here’s the best site I know for up-to-date fuel prices, and it’s only for the UK…
http://thehangar.co.uk/fuel/fuel.shtml

Can we pirate that and/or append to it?
Maybe have a new EuroGA category that is “fuel prices” and then threads for each country, so it is easier to find the price/airfield.
Or a google docs spreadsheet.

Of course, the best would be to have it overlaid on a map, and the half-dozen or so sites already out there provide that, but they don’t typically have up-to-date prices, so the concept isn’t working.

The US is really good about this. FBO’s all post their prices and these can be seen both on 100ll.com (amongst others) as well as right in the AOPA flight planning app.

Suggestions? Supporters!?

Last Edited by AF at 03 Oct 22:52

The site mentioned by Peter_Paul is new to me, thanks for posting!

Generally, the trouble is that too few pilots report on fuel prices and other airfield information. And, unlike in the USA, the sellers are providing a service rather than creating a profit, and mostly have a monopoly, so they do not care to publish info.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I think there are three issues:

• most pilots fly A to B because they are at A and want to get to B, and while the cost of avgas does dominate the DOC nowadays, they aren’t going to make a 20% detour (or land and burn a load of fuel doing that, plus the risk of climbing up again through icing etc) to save 21% on fuel
  • the prices vary too much, relative to the frequency at which people will post their reports
  • anybody really caring will phone the airport; picking up a phone is easy and quick

The US is a different scene – one country, roughly 99% never travelling outside it (little reason to, frankly), and a unified FAA-mandated publication called the AFD. Europe will never have a mandated data collection point like that. The tendency here is for airports to have websites and you just google for them…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

due to the use of sky demon fuel price indicator it came to my attention last week that on my way to sabadell i couls stop at LFMU for very cheap fuel! it was exactly on my way cost me 30min of total time (landing, fuel, new flightplan, toilets, take off) and saved me approx 220 euros on the fuel bill!!
i would probably without SD not spotted this as i could have done it non stop but with this function it was easy to see.
i guess other fp can do this also i liked this feature
so i agree it would be nice if there would be a commun database regular updated for fuel prices even so without the regular update there is a trend to see for the fuel price and that once spotted i always check with email or phone

fly2000

Thanks for the link Peter_Paul! Odd website name… but I won’t complain with info like that!
The only thing they’re missing is a timestamp on the info so we know when each price was updated.

Peter wrote:

anybody really caring will phone the airport; picking up a phone is easy and quick

Using the AOPA flight planner is too easy. I’m spoiled. It automatically shows gas prices along a planned route, autocalcs altitude according to weather and provides all relevant messages pertaining to the flight. It uses the Jepp web-app in the background, linked to the AFD database, and AOPA’s airport info database, which has even more info than the AFD does.
So, call me spoiled. I guess it is like having autopilot. Once you’ve flown with it, you don’t really want to go back… ;)

Peter_Paul wrote:

without SD not spotted this as i could have done it non stop but with this function it was easy to see.

How did you get SD to show the prices? Sounds like a great feature!
Seems like SD loaded with ghost features that only a handful of people know about who have been using it for years…
great app, and a killer deal considering the alternatives.Peter wrote:

Last Edited by AF at 05 Oct 00:41

AF wrote:

How did you get SD to show the prices? Sounds like a great feature!

in the mapping tap there is a line where u can activate “fuel prices”

fly2000

I use Skydemon and report fuel prices! I notice others taking trips and not reporting prices. Bad boys!

Tököl LHTL

I always update the SD fuel price when I take fuel…great feature

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Another vote here for Sky Demon.

EGKB
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message