Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR from Eindhoven (EHEH) to Vojens (EKSP)

On friday (3rd of October) I plan to fly to Vojens, Denmark.

I made a mistake in the PPR request. I requested the wrong date… I asked already If they can change the PPR, but I am uncertain whether I receive it, since I fly back on Sunday the 5th (and the airfield is closed during the weekend normally; it’s a military base with shared facilities).

Therefore I’m looking into other options in the vicinity of Vojens. I was looking at Haderslev (EKHV), but they don’t have fuel available according to their website.

Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Thanks.

jkv
EHEH

Hi,

Not many Danish people on this forum I suppose ;-)

Eventually I received an e-mail that the change was no problem at all.

I suppose EKVD is the best alternate. They have at AVGAS.

jkv
EHEH

I think it was more that readers thought “WTF??” because in Denmark, all seems to be possible usually. Your last post confirms it. They just don’t have the habit of “closing” airfieds when there is nobody around (there might be exceptions obviously).

Enjoy the flight.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco, I think the obvious question would be the reverse…why would you regard a piece of perfectly good tarmac as unusable, just because there’s no-one around to see your baby smooth landing. Oh, and the landing fee goes in the trust box :-)

EGTR

why would you regard a piece of perfectly good tarmac as unusable, just because there’s no-one around to see your baby smooth landing.

One reason could be that when the airfield is not manned then it is impossible to get in or out. All in the name of security.

A good example on how it should be done is Västerås (ESOW). The door to the GA terminal from the apron is always unlocked. From the outside you need a code to get into the terminal when it is not manned — this code can be found in the briefing room.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

bosco, I know you like flying in Denmark, and thanks for the kind words. But unfortunately we do “close” some of our airports outside of their (limited) service hours. Odense EKOD is an example (although resident pilots have an arrangement). Another is Rønne EKRN, and that unfortunately means that the island Bornholm is inaccessible by air most of the weekend. AOPA.dk is working on that, though.

jkv, with Vojens you have chosen the most restricted of all Danish airports. I have only flown there in relation to special arrangements so I cannot give any hints. But EKVD I know rather well, and I recommend the place. It is quiet and friendly and VFR you can arrive anytime between 7 and 22 local time.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Thanks guys.

It was a great experience flying to Denmark. Vojens was a great airfield with two 3000m runways. ;-) When I asked tower where to park, I got the message: “anywhere you like! You are the only one” ;-) It was quite an isolated place. I had a meeting in Vojens and Haderslev, so flying to Vojens was very convenient.

jkv
EHEH
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message