Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

WARNING - Air BP Sear Phishing

I too would be suspicious of it. The poor grammar is a common symptom of phishing emails.

Forever learning
EGTB

This is a dead giveaway of a scam

and this bit even more so

I wonder what email address he/she supplied?

However, there are so many incompetent people around in customer-facing positions, that sometimes these things are genuine…

I have sent a link to this thread to my contact at AIR BP

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is a dead giveaway of a scam

Does “we have not sent out the further mandate for (sic!) to you for further actions” even make sense?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I eventually could speak with my Account Manager in London. I didn’t get any answers to my mails but got her by phone.
The Money collecting facility has actually been moved to Hungary but I don’t remember having been informed of this. It was formally in Antwerpen for BeNeLux when I signed in.
She still couldn’t tell me exactly what the “technical issue” was with SEPA, I will contact my bank.
So THIS IS NOT A SCAM.
Sorry for this HOAX, but I’m always suspicious and cautious when I receive such demands by mail from people I’ve never heard off.
Peter, If you want to remove this thread it would be ok for me.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Jean wrote:

I’m always suspicious and cautious when I receive such demands by mail from people I’ve never heard off.

As you rightly should. Never, ever provide any such information without having verified that the requestor is legitimate.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 03 Jun 09:10
LFPT, LFPN

I will leave this thread in place because the original concerns were IMHO justified.

Nobody should employ people in a customer facing position who have to do written comms and who write stuff which generates suspicion in the present climate of money scams.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message