Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ChatGPT discussion, and ChatGPT-generated post examples

That’s a little harsh. I don’t think any offence was meant by “you guy”. It’s just casual speak.

He was being challenged and I thought he didn’t rise to it and deal with it politely!

If you follow the chronology, you’ll see that my challenge came after “you guys” not the other way around.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@dublinpilot don’t most hotels have a card in the rooms with breakfast, lunch and dinner times, plus all sorts of other services offered? Do we need AI for that.
I have an accent. If I was in a Dublin hotel and I ring down and tell them my shower needs fixing, do you think AI would know what I am on about? It’s bad enough with some human interfaces.
Yes internet translation is pretty good now but can AI really take it further in dealing with the voice and not the written word?
AI is IMO a double edged sword with the future benefits side being pretty blunt at the moment.
The calculator is great but it means that most under 20’s can no longer do even the simplest of calculation in their heads.

France

Something can be extremely limited and yet be very useful !

For translation it’s hard to beat. Worlds better than Google / DeepL. For finding ways to phrase a sentence too. Just ask suggestions and see what works for you. I encourage skeptics to use Mistral chat (it’s free and uses Mistral Large model, mostly as good as ChatGPT 4).

It still lacks « thinking » because it has no world model and no planning, but in practice later models are so large that they mostly find the correct context and stay on track (they find correlations with what you’re talking about in their vast « knowledge »). We are just lending another capacity to computers (the ability to use words), just like we’ve done many times before. It’s a productivity tool that’s good for some tasks. With the carried risk, like gallois said, to lose the ability to do it ourselves. I would find it concerning if people aren’t able to phrase sentences anymore, but youngsters today already struggle with syntax, phrasing and vocabulary, and that was before the popularization of LLM’s.

I don’t think people will « fall behind » noticeably more than they already have with regards to technology. I have many anecdotes where the use of and familiarity with technology makes my life a little more efficient. LLM’s are no different.

France
Sign in to add your message