Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A fast Adobe PDF reader for a windoze 8 tablet

I have the Lenovo Tablet 2 win8 tablet and am very disappointed in its poor ability to display PDFs. I am after something which can show PDFs fast, flick through the pages, show them all full-screen, and at the same time show the toolbar on the left so I can switch to other apps.

Adobe Reader is utter crap nowadays. It is very slow, to the point where finger-zooming barely works at all, and when I go full-screen I lose the win8 toolbar (sidebar?) so there is no apparent way to get to any other running app. On a PC one could run an old version e.g. Adobe v5 which is really fast, but it won’t respond to finger commands; one will have to work the old buttons and scroll bars. Also some PDFs don’t display on it.

On the Ipad there is Goodreader which despite its impenetrable user interface which has a button for everything under the sun, and on which I often can’t find the way to go back up one level (it is apparently in one of the corners) is very responsive. But I can’t use the Ipad for some of the stuff I need to do.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Using Nitro Pro version 8 on a Lenovo Yoga 13. Most of the time in laptop mode but from time to time in tablet mode. Pretty happy with Nitro Pro 8
Link

Belgium
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message