Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen Mobile Flite Deck VFR / MFDVFR / Foreflight Mobile

Revisiting this a few years later, I wonder if anyone uses Jepp MFDVFR?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I do – it has by far the best mapping

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

What sort of market penetration has it achieved?

Administrator

Not a lot I fear – probably less than it deserves but the competition is huge. It lacks the bells and whistles of EasyVFR and Sky Demon but I love the VFR mapping and the integration of the Bottlang/Jepp VFR manual is very slick.

Jeppesen Mobile Flite Deck VFR to become ForeFlight Mobile

Earlier this year, Boeing announced the acquisition of ForeFlight, creator of the ForeFlight Mobile integrated flight app. Together, the Jeppesen and ForeFlight teams will continue to build innovative solutions that help increase flying safety, efficiency and enjoyment.
Moving forward, the Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR application will be replaced with ForeFlight Mobile.

That is a strange name. It suggests Foreflight don’t already have a Mobile App

Or are Foreflight merging their app with the old Jepp MFDVFR one? In practice that would mean

• the FF app acquiring the MFDVFR mapdata which is of the highest standard in Europe IMHO
  • the MFDVFR app being terminated (not a huge loss since it doesn’t do much)
Administrator

Peter wrote:

That is a strange name. It suggests Foreflight don’t already have a Mobile App

Or are Foreflight merging their app with the old Jepp MFDVFR one? In practice that would mean

the FF app acquiring the MFDVFR mapdata which is of the highest standard in Europe IMHO
the MFDVFR app being terminated (not a huge loss since it doesn’t do much)

Foreflight is already called Foreflight mobile. It already has the Jepp vfr mapdata in it.

EGTK Oxford

Foreflight with the visual map display of the MFDVFR would be great! Is that what´s going to happen?

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

It already has the Jepp vfr mapdata in it.

You mean FF already has the Jepp 1:500k “VFR/GPS” charts which cover most of Europe, which Jepp used to publish on paper before dropping that in 2013, and which went on to live in the MFDVFR product?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

You mean FF already has the Jepp 1:500k “VFR/GPS” charts which cover most of Europe, which Jepp used to publish on paper before dropping that in 2013, and which went on to live in the MFDVFR product?

I think what he means is that FF has the VFR Jepp data in terms of VFR waypoints, entries/exits, circuits etc. The basemap is definitly not to MFDVFR standards yet. However given what they write here under 6 and what I heard from the support the base map will get all the features of the MFDVFR product.

Switzerland
Sign in to add your message