Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Faststone screen capture

This is a follow-up to the previous thread on the Hyperdesktop program.

I have not found any other utility that so seamlessly integrates the key requirements i.e.

• save the specified screen area to a file and
  • upload it to an FTP site and
  • paste a URL to the image on your clipboard

but I had to eventually give up on Hyperdesktop because of weird bugs. For example if the FTP site was slow to respond (often the case on a 3G connection) it would just crash. And some other more esoteric stuff e.g. it would not run via a VPN (on which everything else works).

So, for those who like to mess around I have installed this and despite needing more mouse clicks it does work great.

It’s not free ($20) and you may have “views” on paying the $20 given that – IME – the company absolutely never replies to any communications regarding this or any other of their products.

The FTP mode supported is standard and Passive FTP, but not Secure FTP which doesn’t seem to be supported by any of these programs.

There are tons of editing functions so you can do all the fancy stuff e.g.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ve just discovered this prog does continuous image rotation (with auto crop) which is brilliant for posting pics to EuroGA

Often it is difficult to get the horizon level when flying.

Administrator

I’ve been using, and still use, this software for ages. If you can get your hands on version 5.3 or older it’s free for home users. It does the job well. Although I do not know which functionality you will miss with the older version. One nice thing is that you can even capture scrolling websites, you don’t have to stitch multiple images, it just does a form of auto scroll when capturing.

EHLE (Lelystad - NL), Netherlands

I found this video on how to capture scrolling screens

but no matter how closely I watch it I can’t replicate it

v7.9 here

Administrator
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message