Samsung Galaxy S v. Lenovo Tablet 2 comparison

At least it says so.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I have started another thread here on USB charging

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Another thing I have found… the built in PDF reader on the Samsung tablet takes ~ 1 minute to render some PDF pages (e.g. VFR approach charts) while the one on my Lenovo win8 tablet does it in about 3 seconds.

The built-in app is otherwise the best-working one of all those I tried.

The fastest app I have found whose UI is not totally weird is the Adobe reader. It is still very slow on many PDFs, and is poorly designed in that e.g. the thumbnails don’t get generated automatically (well maybe very slowly) and there are some gestures which are easily done in error which need the app to be exited and restarted in order to get back to a usable UI.

I guess some of these Android tablets have slow processors. This is something worth checking out if you are buying something for displaying PDF terminal charts.

Just heard something funny on the radio: “technology is what we call things which don’t work yet”

Administrator

We had another thread on the above topic here recently but I can’t find it.

The bizzare thing is that the same “60 second” PDF opens in 35 seconds on my ancient Nokia 808, which I believe is a 600MHz ARM (and it makes no difference whether stored on the internal fast flash or the SD card). The Galaxy tablet is a 2.2GHz ARM…

Administrator
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message