Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Problem with website under Android 6.0.1

Using Chrome the Submit button doesn’t submit posts, it just takes you to the top of the page.

EGTK Oxford

Chrome test, winXP. Worked OK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Been this way for about a week.

EGTK Oxford

I’ve advised David. Might be Android V6 specific.

Administrator

Android v5 test, chrome.

Administrator

Thanks for the report @JasonC

I don’t have an Android V6 device to hand and our cross-browser testing facility doesn’t offer one either, so I can’t try it out. It certainly sounds like something V6 specific. Nothing has changed on the server side. Some browsers get stricter with age, and Chrome is one of those, about things like submitting forms, origin policies etc. It could be something like that, though usually the desktop version of Chrome is ahead in terms of bringing those newer things in first, and obviously it’s working fine on Desktop Chrome (because I’m using it now to post this).

Presumably it’s quite a new device? Have you ever been able to post using this particular device? Anybody seen this problem, or can counter in that they have a V6 Android device and don’t have this problem?

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Not a new device. Has certainly worked in the past on this one. New behaviour. I haven’t had a problem using Chrome on any other device.

EGTK Oxford

FYI. XML, Javascript and HTML are not a function of the OS…it’s the browser that has the language interpreter inside…if something acts differently than expected on a page it’s going to be either what script elements the page is written in and/or how the browser processes the page script.

Last Edited by USFlyer at 08 Feb 16:04

I typed this in chrome under android 4.4.2, so that is not the full story if it doesn’t work under v6.

What is the device, Jason?

Administrator

USFlyer, thanks for the comment, but we do understand how browsers work! I was talking about the OS because perhaps that version of Android comes with a distinct (new?) version of Chrome. As Peter has said, and our own testing confirms, this is not a general Chrome problem. What we need to do really is have a device in hand which recreates the problem, then hook it up to a remote debugger so we can see what’s happening when the button push event is fired. But until we can pin down exactly what browsers this happens on, that’s tricky.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message