Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Weekend in Saint-Malo

The purpose of this trip was a weekend beach-break in order to gain some new found freedom, by flying abroad and most importantly enjoy some good food and drink. With the winter weather being just plain awful, the odds must be on for a warm start to April and so I carefully chose this as the date for the weekend away with my friends.

Having posted about my intentions all over the aviation community and after some prior research, I choose Dinard, which is ideally located on the Côte d’Émeraude of Brittany with its beaches and mild climate, thus making it perfect for a weekend away in April. We choose to stay in Saint-Malo which was a short taxi ride from the airport.

Here’s a video highlighting the weekend in a nutshell. Firstly the longest flight I’ve completed to date; in relatively gusty conditions. An extended weekend in Saint-Malo with bad weather plaguing the trip, before a planned normal flight home becomes the most challenging flight I’ve ever completed with a real world diversion. If you’d like to see the full videos – keep reading below.

You can watch the flight video here; it’s by far the longest flight I’ve ever flown.

We choose to stay at a hotel called ‘Hotel ibis Styles Saint Malo Centre Historique’. This would be our base for the weekend; the hotel staff are incredibly friendly and noticeably knowledgeable. They will try upgrading you to the marina view at the end of the introduction, but we wanted to go out and spend that money on food and drink.

Rue Jacques Cartier; this seems to be the main hotspot for restaurants. But do explore Saint-Malo – there are other places to eat and drink.

After a whole weekend away and getting stranded on the Monday due to weather, we decided to stay the extra night and fly home early Tuesday Morning.

Here’s the video that shows how challenging the flight was and how I kept my cool despite the immense stresses of peer pressure and the resultant flight.

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 22 May 10:41
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

That looks like a great trip @pilotrobbie but did something go wrong with the editing, leaving much of it missing? I also see another identical-title thread but of zero size, so it was deleted. There is a known issue with emoticons copied and pasted from MS Word; whether that was the problem I don’t know.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

I realised the format for images on this board is different to those on other boards such as phpBB. So instead of changing every image I went for the option of uploading it with minimal content. Is there any image limit @Peter

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

No limit on image count, but some other limits.

Please check the Posting Tips for details.

https://www.euroga.org/system/posting-tips

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message