Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (15-16 July 2023)

Got invited by my friend Tony who rented a smart villa in the southeastern part of Corsica… a dream house in a dream location, only missing the heli pad on the roof
Set off early (according to wifey), landed at Milano Bresso (LIMB) for a quick 30’ turnaround to satisfy the custom authorities of our EU invasion. A massive CB then forced a northerly departure and Linate circumnavigation, before heading South again. Genova transit at FL85, the weather having improved we flew sightseeing transiting slightly East of Calvi, then Ajaccio, above Figari, and finally the restricted airport of Ghisonaccia LFKG, our destination.
Super damp/hot weather greeted us. Nobody around but for the private organized car.

Now spending a good time enjoying friendship, food, drinks, the swimming pool and life

Propriano

Bonifacio

Ghisonaccia

Last Edited by Dan at 14 Jul 20:55
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@Dan south eastern Corsica is a great place to be – I’ve stayed several times in Porto Vecchio and Favone and still have a 2020-era credit at a hotel in the former. I’d like to be using it now Thanks for the photos and enjoy it for us.

You’re a crazy lad @Dan. I like it!

I did a way less impressive weekend tour, just a short Friday evening hop to Münster (a small Swiss town, not to confuse with the German city). One of my all-time favorite airfields in the Alps. With a DR401/155 CDI, it took only 53 minutes for both ways. I even got a little MTB on-site to quickly cycle to the nearby – typical Valais – town. Note the high hPa difference between my origin (1013) and destination (1021). There was however just a tiny bit of Föhn.

Last Edited by Frans at 14 Jul 22:10
Switzerland

I was to Elba LIRJ Marina di Campo for EuroGA fly-in. I guess other guys took some pictures, I just took a photo of our lovely waitress when she brought the dinner.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Despite hot and humid conditions we had a great time on Corsica, mostly thanks to our fantastic hosts

For once, a non-aviation picture, the view out of our bedroom…

Today, having refuelled off the Alibabawhatever fuel bags, we set off back to base. Easy Genova FL95 transit, Milan low level dive with the ensuing cumulus granitus motivated climb, a couple of CB induced turns, all saw us back to base in 2:15h flight time averaging 153kts (max 204) at medium power settings. Try beating that with the airline!
Once more to realise Corsica being real close to my place, and despite increasing resistance from the bigger fields (the subject of another thread maybe…), still a very attractive destination

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I spent the time sorting this out

A most frustrating few days preceeded it.

Tried to fly to Mali Losinj and then to the fly-in on Elba.

Tuesday – TSRA enroute.
Wednesday – TSRA enroute.
Thursday – TSRA enroute.
Friday – get to the plane and find the above.
Spent a fast and furious and frustrating Friday trying to fix it, in the hope of flying direct to Elba on Saturday. Got it all together, only to find that my two nitrogen cylinders didn’t have enough gas to adequately pressurise the gas shock. By the time this was discovered, the maintenance company at the airfield had gone home for the weekend.

This was only about the 2nd time in 21 years that a trip was lost due to AOG, but it was a good one!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nothing so exotic: went for a local flight to try a few holds on a VOR for the first time. There was quite a bit of wind and the first two weren’t great, but after that I think it went well.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I collected my new plane… Thanks to Dan for giving me the RV bug.

Now I need to sell my other one (the yellow one in the background).

United Kingdom

Great looking and I’m sure lovely lovely flying
Congratulations!

Last Edited by RV14 at 19 Jul 05:19
Poland

The sissy wheel is at the right end of the airframe, she sure has not been built outta dodgy laser cut parts, she’s good lookin‘, and the callsign is a blast, welcome to the club

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message