Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (25-26 November 2023)

Thread starter…

Last weekend brought a plethora of magnificent shots, airborne and groundborne. No views counter on here, but I would like to think those are enjoyed by many of us. Impressive variety of achievements published by many, thanks for that

Like probably most of us in the northern hemisphere, not much flying now, but other activities relating to GA are sure taking place.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Looks like I will start doing my annual, so hangar time!

Germany

Yesterday was a beautiful day around here…
We took the RV-8 (the “Panther”) & the Panther (“Panterli” or small Panther in dialect) South of the Alps for the customary pizza. Which was delicious, come al solito
The French speaking guys call these conditions a storm of blue skies (une tempête de ciel bleu)

Then it was back to base for some more avionics yoga…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

BKN010 at LJPZ

And just one hour later before being locked in simulator again

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Rally operations this afternoon, I’ll try to think of getting my phone off to take photos. Actually it’s storm of blue sky here around Nice.

LFMD, France

Mine was the most “exciting” – I’ve done different holds superimposed over Westcott NDB. :)

EGTR

Started on my night rating (again, started earlier in the year but timed out – the full 5 hour course has to be completed in a 6-month period).

Came back over the top of Gatwick EGKK at 1,500’.

EGTF, United Kingdom

Avionics yoga continued… aka engine monitoring system (EMS) replacement.

Today was a very frustrating one as I spent the better part of 6 hours (!) freeing the pins out of their 2 respective sockets using the typical sub-d connector removal tool. Broke 1 plastic one, and 3 of the metal ones. Barely managed to keep some of my sanity (“so not much left then” I hear Missis in the background…).
The ones having gone thru the ordeal of reluctant pin removal will know what i’m talking about

A good thing I’m retired as I don’t mind a few +/- days more to completion. LL sure enjoys some rest

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Still here… until tomorrow…

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Nov 18:56
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Emir, your own bird is way more sophisticated than this contraption… back to the future?

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message