Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (4-5 November 2023)

We had some pretty humid weather lately, and there’s more to come tomorrow, so my steed will get some well deserved rest. For now that is

This morning I went to LSPN Triengen by car since the clouds were hugging the terrain and this field is only like 10’ away flying. The goal was to assist in the final NAA (FOCA in this case) inspection of a new born Kitfox 7.
A beautifully built machine, the inspector only noted a couple of level 2 items, and it is a renewed pleasure to watch its builder receive the provisional PtF. Next will be the long dreamed of first flight, followed by the flight test program, and finally the noise test, all to be done within our national boundaries, before getting the final and full PtF leading to total freedom

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Today I had some pretty important stuff to do, I.e. chase some rainbows

EGTF, LFTF

Although not clear if it wasn’t the rainbow chasing me !

https://youtube.com/shorts/AA06CVOvmII?si=GN-bnk8MbVqQN8dQ

EGTF, LFTF

No flying for me as the weather has been terrible, and the airfield is now waterlogged until we have a few days of dry weather (which may not happen until next year).

United Kingdom

Hit birds, prob crows, on climb out in Norfolk. Around 2000 feet and between dusk and night so a bit a surprise. Hell of bang. Turns out they hit on the underside of the wing root and the wheel pants. No damage but gives you plenty to think about.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Glad it turned out fine.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

denopa wrote:

the rainbow chasing me

No, that is the supersonic shock wave ahead of the blunt leading edge. If it bothers you, you need to slow down.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

That’s a good explanation Antonio…

prob crows

Could be, but would be surprising. I have unfortunately had the different aircraft I sat in during my pro life hit plenty of birds, surprisingly a lot of them at nite.
We hit all sorts (colleague of mine even managed to suck in a couple of storks right after TO from LFSB, that jet engine sure was not happy… as were them storks…) of birds, but never saw a crow, though not all were accounted for.

Good your guardian angels did some overtime

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

That’s a good explanation Antonio…

Yes, it’s the same thing

Last Edited by Antonio at 04 Nov 17:47
Antonio
LESB, Spain

How’s your SR22 doing Antonio ?

Pig