Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What planned flights when things get back to normal?

Thank you for the insight on the market, William.

I’m one of the few people who will PROB99 be guaranteed to remain completely unaffected by the economic crisis that is sure to follow the medical crisis of Covid-19, and I sometimes wonder if I might be better off the harder the economy crashes? And I feel guilty for even thinking this.

But if house prices fall because everyone is out of work or their business has closed, that would be beneficial for my family. Same with aircraft prices…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

As soon as training flights and the associated checks are allowed again, I hope to finish both my CRI rating and the Instrument Rating.
The latter one gives me headaches; I had the final 10ish ATO hours booked for the Easter holidays, but I don’t know when I will be able to take a whole week or two of leave again. So the CoViD-crisis will probably shatter my plans for the IR…
That’s going to be the most annoying effect- my job is safe, as I am paid by the federal government. I guess lots of people have problems much worse than mine!

Oh, and I hope the Annecy Fly-In will take place, although I honestly doubt it.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

The Annecy fly-in is quite likely to be delayed, but we will run it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Also browsing Barnstormers prices are a bit more realistic. Nice 1957 182A with overhauled engine (field overhaul) in original scheme for $55k. Straight tail 182 remain about the most practical old timer.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Beautiful 182, I love time warp planes.

@MedEwok, most would say your proper role is to stabilize the market by buying when you can. You are sacrificing opportunity to have the stability you describe, and should act if and when the market provides opportunity for somebody who has made your particular choices.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Mar 15:37

It needs ADSB but the beauty of modern kit you can rip most of the old stuff out and install a GPS/COM that meets ADSB requirements.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message