Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why are GAMI injectors customised for each engine?

A GAMI spread of 0,2 GPH is really good!

LFPT, LFPN

One thing to remember about GAMIs: if the engine S/N changes, you need to get a fresh GAMI STC, for $300. They will also send you a corrected injector(s) as required.

I am getting a new #3 injector.

What is really interesting is how close the injectors from the old engine are on the new engine. The last set on the old engine is here and the 0.2USG change is really minimal.

So clearly the main reason for GAMIs is to compensate for the different routes for the incoming air, to different cylinders.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

I think it’s possible to change the ticker size to 1c, at least on the EDM700 it is.

EGTF, LFTF

The POH figures on my TIO540s are ROP at 75% and LOP at 65%. The POH was written long before GAMI was invented (the aircraft is 1973, so the POH must’ve been written in the late 60s, I guess) but the figures are absolutely bang on and work perfectly in my non-GAMI engines.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I think it’s possible to change the ticker size to 1c, at least on the EDM700 it is.

Yes, and I have that, but AFAICT it works only for the display, not for the logging feature.

So, one could get finer data by sitting there and writing the numbers down from the display

I used to think that JPI changed their software at some point, to increase the amount of data which could be stored, and this is how they did it, but they never replied when I asked them on multiple occassions. I changed the unit from a 2.5" one to a 3.125" one; thread here and I think it happened then; the software could not have got changed at any other point. However a check of old data from 2002 shows that the logged data is always at least 5F between consecutive samples.

Administrator

The #3 injector was replaced with the next richer size and there is a slight improvement

This time I wrote down the values by hand because you get 1F resolution that way, whereas logging resolution is 5F. But it still is difficult to do well because the EGTs fluctuate by 5-10F.

Administrator
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message