Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why does this Mooney not sell?

Almost identical avionics ’xcept the GNS420.

Not everyone has to pay VAT

Last Edited by Michael at 21 Nov 08:41
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

No. 66k. And old avionics.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

And here’s another low priced Mooney 231 @ 50K€ !

Planecheck M231K

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Lot’s of work breaking aircraft and marketing the bits. Then there’s the need for storage as well.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I imagine that many of these aircraft are worth more as parts, than as whole aircraft.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

IIRC has’nt flown in over 4 years and parked outside during that time.

The engine is likely to be corroded.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you, Michael. Yes, if I could choose from the strutted 210s, I’d probably go for the 1961 fastbacks. However, since part of the fun is restoring the plane, the excellent airworthy condition isn’t exactly what we’re looking for (Not, that we really knew, what we’re looking for … ). Plus, being able to do almost everything ourselves, limits the costs a bit. (So if you have a nice 160 210 fastback project … :-) )

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Just for the record, I bought my Mooney from the seller of that N reg Mooney turbo 7 years ago. Could not have been happier, plane has been faultless since, it was a fantastic deal. I would happily deal with him again, and actually have been day dreaming about that Mooney turbo too but can’t afford it and my current plane suits me perfectly, and despite the old paintwork prefer my paint to that one!

Very nice guy, often has fairly quirky aeroplanes he only keeps for a short period of time hence the often deeply discounted prices. I would not really classify him as a dealer, just an aircraft enthusiast who buys and sells often quirky aeroplanes. Regardless, caveat emptor (sp?), when you buy a 30-40 year old aeroplane, you need to know your stuff and have a pre buy done. Not the same as buying a nearly new car from a car dealership.

All you need on that 231 is fit a FM filter on the KNS80 if you can find one or put a GNC255. The EDM engine monitor setup he has there would cost a lot more to install than an FM nav so an extra radio is not too taxing. If the 420 is a 420W this is a storming deal. The fact that the previous owner put an EDM in there in my eyes means he is careful about engine ops, which he needs to be on a turbo, so that is a plus too.

Last Edited by podair at 20 Nov 14:47
ORTAC

I spoke with the seller: IIRC has’nt flown in over 4 years and parked outside during that time. Shame, cause it does look straight in the photos, but who knows what is lurking underneath.

You would need to trailor it to your shop since unlikely you would get a ferry permit so far out of ARC.

With the market for older used acft really in the dumps, it is extremely difficult to make ANY of the projects economically viable. In the case of a strutted Centurion, very nice ones in excellent airworthy condition can be had for less than 50K€, so even if that 210F was FREE, not sure you it’s market value would exceed the cost of making it airworthy.

Last Edited by Michael at 20 Nov 12:54
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Speaking of cheap 210s… does anyone know this one from closer?http://planecheck.com/aspdet.asp?nr=24358

Seems like a nice restauration project, if it can be persuaded to fly to our shop…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message