Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A fly-in in Jan/Feb 2015?

I have a handy gap this coming weekend (7-8 Feb), FWIW. I agree the wx will have to be CAVOK because any ice you pick up you will prob99 be landing with… OR too cold for ice e.g. surface temp -5C and (stratus) cloudbase 5000ft…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Blueline,

interesting, when did you call them? Because the German Magazine Pilot und Flugzeug just now ran a pretty fierce article about the practices there. And very justified too.

Salzburg is a joke, when they claim they can not accomodate a parked small GA plane over the weekend. It’s purely a question of will. Same goes for all the others who get rid of GA by imposing parking Limits. ALL of them have plenty of space but are unwilling.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I have a handy gap this coming weekend (7-8 Feb)

It’s hard to forecast but it will be cloudy and there is probabilty of snow. OTOH Zagreb will be CAVOK on Sunday and I’ll have birthday party – you’re invited

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Mooney Driver,

I called them this morning, they were relaxed as usual.

I have just read the online article in PUF and was quite surprised. LOWS didn’t have such an anti-GA-reputation until now.

Last Edited by blueline at 02 Feb 12:33
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

I was going to fly in VFR to pick up friends. Stopped in and talked to them they had no problems having me fly in. Very friendly.

KHTO, LHTL

Saturday’s wx doesn’t look bad, on a quick and dirty look

Administrator

I have been enjoying Peter’s articles and the EuroGA forum for some time – many thanks – and this is my first post!

This weekend I am starting the renewal of my PPL at Stapleford after many years absence from flying, thanks in part to the inspiration received here.

So whilst I won’t be able to make a fly-in this weekend, I look forward to joining one as soon as possible!

Have good weekend.

Stapleford, United Kingdom

Can’t come due to family stuff … (father in law’s 85th birthday) …. but will try one of the next

The forecast for this coming weekend for down there is now completely different, and not flyable IMHO.

Administrator
59 Posts
Sign in to add your message