Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

70 Years LKRK Aeroclub (airshow)

Yes, credit cards are still accepted at LKPM, and 100LL currently costs €1.91 a litre. I am not 100% sure they have mogas, but at least there is a nozzle so marked if I remember correctly.

One more random bit of information: if anyone wants to refresh their NDB approach skills, LKRK has an NDB (386 kHz, RAK .–. .– –.–) right at the airfield

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Yes, I too remember a Mogas pump showing there – the question remains if there’s any fuel behind it… If not, my 912 will run on AvGas too, and for a one-off grand experience 1,92 € will not be beyond acceptable.

The NDB is funny to know but not really relevant, at least to me, not carrying the required equipment

Is there any chance you would turn up in Rakovník? That would be a real pleasure!

Last Edited by at 29 May 19:12
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@Flyer59

Is it really appropriate to post pics of the inside of your house – even if you really are offering to host anyone who turns up at the fly-in?

You have already “chucked your toys out of the pram” (twice in fact) over the content of postings, and then went on to rubbish EuroGA and myself behind the scenes to anyone who would listen.

I just don’t have the stomach for a 3rd session…

So please keep it strictly on-topic.

Thank you.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Ultranomad
Will you be there too? Maybe I lost track, i got several eMails, just let me know if you need a place to sleep, we can always find a way. I will check the status of available beds one more time once we know if the weather is ok.

I’ll try to make it to Rakovnik but can’t promise it yet. No need for a bed as I’m based in Prague – in fact, driving to LKRK will probably be faster than flying.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

@Ultranomad
Great, hope to see you in Rakovnik!

Some information for everybody flying to LKRK from abroad:

- Coming from a Schengen country no flightplan is necessary (I never file one, except when i fly IFR)

- You can call PRAHA INFORMATION on 126.100 crossing the border, but don’t be surprised if they don’t hear you immediately, especially when you come from Bavaria you need to be above 5000 ft or you will have to fly into CZ for some minutes before they hear you.

- Check the NOTAMS for parachute activity on your route, especially if you use airfields as waypoints. PRAHA I. will also tell you about parachtute activity. For example there’s almost always p.a. at Klatovy.

- PRAHA will give you a “regional QNH”. A concept i never really understood, so i ask for the LKPR QNH (Praha Ruzyne airport, which is only about 30 km from LKRK) to make sure I don’t fly into the TMA (3500 MSL east of LKRK). Coming from the west you only have to be careful about the TMA if you fly high, like “on top”.

- Don’t fly below 3000 feet until you are very close. There’s some hills southwest of the airfield and if it’s windy it can be pretty uncomfortable and also the weak LKRK will not hear you if you are too low. If you fly lower don’t expect them to hear you until 5 miles out.

- There will be somebody English speaking on the radio on Saturday. If you arrive on Friday there might or might not be anybody on the radio … Just make blind position reports and report final (“FINALE” 27, 09) – and land.

- The grass is a bit bumpy but “ok”, especially the shorter runway… but since it’s really a very “informal” place you never know. I land with the slowest speed possible, yoke full back until very slow. For ULs or sturdy SEPs of the Cessna type all this is a non-issue, don’t worry.

- If the weather is (safely) flyable I will be there Friday before 12. I do not fly to LKRK if the weather is below 1000 ft or if it’s raining heavily etc.

All other questions, please PM! I can also mail the VFR chart.

Airfield WEBCAM: http://www.lkrk.cz/webcam.htm
Airfield Weather Station: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/lkrk/

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 30 May 08:38

@Flyer59
Thanks for all the information. I will give an update about my plans closer in.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Flyer59 wrote:

- Coming from a Schengen country no flightplan is necessary (I never file one, except when i fly IFR)

From Germany you may not need a flight plan. But you cannot generalise that to all Schengen countries. From France you definitely need a flightplan, and I would think you need one flying from Belgium as well.

LFPT, LFPN

I did not know that. But then: that’s a flight i never do ;-) Sorry for the wrong information.
Thank you!

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 30 May 08:58
Sign in to add your message