Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

70 Years LKRK Aeroclub (airshow)

Thanks again. Preparations continue, to my surprise no blocking issues have turned up as yet. Only I wonder about not carrying a working transponder and ELT – didn’t I read somewhere that CZ regulations require the ELT? And if ever one is ramp checked, it will surely be at some kind of fly-in…

Planning remains as posted, I will decide Wednesday afternoon whether to drive or to fly, and keep y’all posted.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I cannot imagine a ramp check out here in the country. That would be a very unusual thing! I sent you 2 PMs with details!

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

Only I wonder about not carrying a working transponder and ELT – didn’t I read somewhere that CZ regulations require the ELT?

The CZ+SK VFR guide, which is not an unofficial publication, says so, but their AIP does not (it should be in the GEN 1.5 section). So you should be OK. Transponder is clearly not required if you stay low and outside Praha TMA and CTR.

Last Edited by JnsV at 06 Jun 18:39
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

@Janosz: thanks, you reassure me. Looking forward!

@Alexis: reply just sent, I almost distrust the string of green lights on the horizon! Too good to be true!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I will be there on Saturday. Do we have any particular time and place to meet?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Hi, I’ll fly there tomorrow, and I’ll be at the airport from the morning on Saturday. Just send me a message, number by PM

Well, I finally decide to drive, have just arrived. The club and field are very welcoming!
@Alexis: looks like you landed during my lunch, in downtown.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@Flyer59 @tmo @Jan_Olieslagers
I have safely arrived back in Hungary. It was very nice to meet you. Alexis, thanks for everything!

I’ll write a proper trip report soon.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Ah! Good to hear, thanks! Myself just came home after driving some 900 eventless kms through mostly unflyable weather, including clouds down to surface even at +/- 1400’ AMSL – it is as well I preferred to leave the plane in its stable. Some pictures are at imgur .

It was nice to meet all of you in person, to visit the nice town, and the very fine organisation. All praise and thanks to @Flyer59 for the invitation!

Last Edited by at 12 Jun 14:23
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I flew home IFR, most of the time in IMC at FL80, but harmless at +6 C.

Great to meet all of you. I think it was great airshow and a lot of fun.

Sign in to add your message