Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A student pilot says "Hello EuroGA"

Aviathor wrote:

Please avoid to do those 70° wing drops at that altitude on your own. No point to tempt the devil

Fully agree with you on that!

dublinpilot wrote:

One piece of advice (if you’re not fed up with people giving you advice now!) is to start to fly a little further afield.

I don’t mind further advice. Its a license to learn after all. And I definitely intend to go further afield . My longest solo was 100nm one way which is already way above average

Patrick wrote:

Congratulations! Now go fly and explore – regardless of who owns the plane. That’s a technicality.

EDLE has a nice restaurant now…

Thanks! EDLE is very high on my to do list because my sister lives in Essen!

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

dublinpilot wrote:

What type of aircraft did you fly for the test?

An Aquila A211. A composite frame two-seater VLA with a 100 HP Rotax 912 and 750kg MTOW. Built in 2016

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Congratulations – and many happy landings!

(Yet another EuroGA success story so to say )

Last Edited by what_next at 29 Jun 19:28
EDDS - Stuttgart

what_next wrote:

(Yet another EuroGA success story so to say )

Yes indeed. I only discovered EuroGA when I was half-way through with training, hours-wise, but EuroGA inspired me to keep at it by showing me just what you can do once you got the license. And it was very liberating to be able to ask a diverse set of experienced GA pilots silly questions and not just my instructors, although I fully trust and really thank all of them (I flew with three in total although most of it was with the same one who also got me started almost two years ago by taking me on a trial lesson…)

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Congratulations!
Funny how you and I got almost the same checkride. Except for the low altitude incipient spins, these came later for me.

ESMK, Sweden

Congrats! Now go out and have fun!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Congratulations!
I must admit to finding the examiner’s actions a little strange.

Forever learning
EGTB

Wow! a checkride in real-life conditions!
Since everyone is offering advice, I’ll give mine: try some long distance flights solo (you don’t want passengers when you’re getting used to managing longer trips).
Now that you’ve got your license, what happens to this thread????

Tököl LHTL

Stickandrudderman wrote:

I must admit to finding the examiner’s actions a little strange.

So did I at the time. His explanation afterwards was along the line that most schools would not train students properly how the aircraft behaves at the edge of the envelope and one could still maintain control, so he was always demonstrating this in his checkrides.

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

Wow! a checkride in real-life conditions!
Since everyone is offering advice, I’ll give mine: try some long distance flights solo (you don’t want passengers when you’re getting used to managing longer trips).

Yes that is something I want to do. The question when and how to take on passengers is a difficult one and there seems to be no universally correct answer. What I’d like to do is visit friends and relatives by plane who live in other parts of Germany, well outside the area covered by my training or even my longest solo flight (the one to Hannover, which at about 100 nm one-way was already fairly long for a student solo). Though I already know for sure that if I visit my best friend in Bonn he will want to go on a ride with me, which could be a lot of fun.

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

Now that you’ve got your license, what happens to this thread????

Good question. It’s not like I have run out of questions or stories to tell now that I have passed the checkride. Then again this topic has sort-of run its course now that I’m no longer a student pilot. Still I think I’ll keep using it at least for the near future to ask minor, unspecific questions which might not justify a new thread of their own.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

Yes that is something I want to do. The question when and how to take on passengers is a difficult one and there seems to be no universally correct answer. What I’d like to do is visit friends and relatives by plane who live in other parts of Germany, well outside the area covered by my training or even my longest solo flight (the one to Hannover, which at about 100 nm one-way was already fairly long for a student solo). Though I already know for sure that if I visit my best friend in Bonn he will want to go on a ride with me, which could be a lot of fun.

I think taking up friends and family is part of getting your PPL. Make sure the weather is good, don’t rush anything. Tell them not to talk to you during the departure and arrival unless you speak to them or they see another plane.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message