Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptable landing fees?

The problem is even if landing fees are waived due to a bad weather diversion, at some airports still have handling fees that are not waived….Edinburgh being one example (in the past anyway)

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I thought that calls for 0£ fees… no need to give any incentive to fly into bad wx the pilot could propably not handle.
Isn’t there even a rule about it? Strasser scheme or something like that?

Like it or not, some UK airports have complained that people have flown there falsely claiming a wx diversion, to get zero landing fees.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

If an airport manager is reading this, he ought to be aware that the last 3 will wipe out most of his traffic

Which in most cases is the idea I’m sure.

My regular landing fee here at ZRH is around €50 for domestic and €80 for international flights plus pax fees if I have any.

As I fly rather rarely, I am willing to put up with higher fees if they allow me to go where I need to go and not 100 NM away and then trains or rental cars. Generally, anything above €30 or so is abuse on small airports, above €50 on larger international ones.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

My regular landing fee here at ZR is around €50 for domestic and €80 for international flights plus pax fees if I have any.

Personal friend of the CEO of the airport, are we? I paid more to land at Groningen Hypergalatic Airport…. :-(

EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

Personal friend of the CEO of the airport, are we?

No but he didn’t mention the ~60CHF handling fee mere mortals have to pay

LSZK, Switzerland

tomjnx wrote:

No but he didn’t mention the ~60CHF handling fee mere mortals have to pay

The charge is different if you are a member of the MFGZ.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That depends on how many are sharing the expense. I think 10 Euros is more than enough. Just got a quote from LRTM 1.25 Euros/Tonne They have an ILS and actually a concrete Runway. Parking .15 Euro/Tone /hr first 3 hrs are free. Handling 35.5 Euros. I just wish Romania were part of Schengen.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 20 Feb 11:20
KHTO, LHTL
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message