Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptable landing fees?

That depends on how many are sharing the expense. I think 10 Euros is more than enough. Just got a quote from LRTM 1.25 Euros/Tonne They have an ILS and actually a concrete Runway. Parking .15 Euro/Tone /hr first 3 hrs are free. Handling 35.5 Euros. I just wish Romania were part of Schengen.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 20 Feb 11:20
KHTO, LHTL

tomjnx wrote:

No but he didn’t mention the ~60CHF handling fee mere mortals have to pay

The charge is different if you are a member of the MFGZ.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Steve6443 wrote:

Personal friend of the CEO of the airport, are we?

No but he didn’t mention the ~60CHF handling fee mere mortals have to pay

LSZK, Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

My regular landing fee here at ZR is around €50 for domestic and €80 for international flights plus pax fees if I have any.

Personal friend of the CEO of the airport, are we? I paid more to land at Groningen Hypergalatic Airport…. :-(

EDL*, Germany

Peter wrote:

If an airport manager is reading this, he ought to be aware that the last 3 will wipe out most of his traffic

Which in most cases is the idea I’m sure.

My regular landing fee here at ZRH is around €50 for domestic and €80 for international flights plus pax fees if I have any.

As I fly rather rarely, I am willing to put up with higher fees if they allow me to go where I need to go and not 100 NM away and then trains or rental cars. Generally, anything above €30 or so is abuse on small airports, above €50 on larger international ones.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I thought that calls for 0£ fees… no need to give any incentive to fly into bad wx the pilot could propably not handle.
Isn’t there even a rule about it? Strasser scheme or something like that?

Like it or not, some UK airports have complained that people have flown there falsely claiming a wx diversion, to get zero landing fees.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The problem is even if landing fees are waived due to a bad weather diversion, at some airports still have handling fees that are not waived….Edinburgh being one example (in the past anyway)

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

or forced into by bad wx

I thought that calls for 0£ fees… no need to give any incentive to fly into bad wx the pilot could propably not handle.

Isn’t there even a rule about it? Strasser scheme or something like that?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

My view:

• £30 OK for regular flights
  • £50 OK for occassional flights, say 3 times a year
  • £80 OK for very occassional flights, say once a year
  • £150 OK for special places which I won’t visit again, or forced into by bad wx

If an airport manager is reading this, he ought to be aware that the last 3 will wipe out most of his traffic

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

But if I lived near Hamburg, then I’d have little reason to go to EDDH, and I don’t think I’d be doing it on a regular basis!

I actually use EDDL quite a lot, although I live right in Düsseldorf. That’s because I sometimes go and pick up the rental airplane at wherever it’s based (usually a 30-90 minute drive and my car only fits one passenger) and take it to EDDL to pick up friends who come along. I spend 70 EUR extra (might share that with the group) and I get:

• The fun experience of operating at EDDL
  • The chance to refamiliarize myself with the aircraft, if I haven’t flown it for some time, before I take passengers
  • Happy passengers for the experience of flying out of EDDL in a small plane AND near perfect convenience with a nice GA terminal and cold drinks for them and myself.
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message