Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

I always book on site. The tourist information of Friedrichshafen has a booth at the entrance of the fair where they broker rooms for a whopping fee of 5 €

We did the same last year, only beforehand over the phone. They were very helpful. We ended up here and it was fine. I enjoyed the taxi ride to the airport when departing, seeing the ZF facilities. I’m funny like that but my wife tolerates me

Anyone knows when and in which Kneipe we’ll meet ?

LFLY, France

I will fly in 18/4, but will fly home in the evening, if i can get a slot.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Nobbi at #79
Thanks for those train times and they match those sent to me by Hotel Waldhorn, Ravensburg.
Last train @ 22:36 to Ravensburg means I can have a beer / meal with you all before having to depart.
Because Hotel Waldhrn have FOC cancellation policy till midday local on day of arrival, I will continue to look for somewhere ‘in town’.
What sort of room prices is one likely to pay if doing it LAST MINUTE at the Tourist Office ‘on arrival’.
My price at Hotel Waldhorn is €109 / night. Extra €30 for second person in the twin room. Not super cheap, but acceptable and I know where I stand.
Does anybody know the train cost from Friedrichshafen Station / Airport Station to Ravensburg. I’ll be coming and going each day so it could mount up.
Wonder if they have ‘5 day tickets’ – that would be handy.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
What sort of room prices is one likely to pay if doing it LAST MINUTE at the Tourist Office ‘on arrival’.

Depends on how close and how classy. I usually pay under 100 € per night. The girls are very helpful, just make a stop when you enter the fairgrounds in the morning.

Does anybody know the train cost from Friedrichshafen Station / Airport Station to Ravensburg.

3.45 € for a single ticket, 6.90 € for a day ticket, 9.20 € for a day and a group of up to 5.

Last Edited by achimha at 14 Mar 17:09

Thanks achimha @ #85 – all useful stuff.
Tempting to cancel my ‘sure booking’ and go for ‘Last Minute’ Tourist Information Office.
I’ll be buying about 5 x €6.90 trips up and down that rail line to Ravensburg.
However, guess town centre taxis to and from a local hotel will add up to more than the train journeys to Ravensburg !!!
Wonder if there is a bus from Airport to Ravensburg ?. Much slower, but could be a fraction of the price.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 15 Mar 16:23

Wonder if there is a bus from Airport to Ravensburg ?. Much slower, but could be a fraction of the price.

There’s no bus connection but the ticket price is really not expensive considering the distance. 3.45 € in a taxi get’s you up to the point where you have told the driver where you want to go… Germany is cheap but not that cheap…

The “last minute hotel” solution is not entirely predictable. It could be that there is nothing available that can be reached conveniently by public transport. This (and the slight chance I buy something heavy) is the reason I usually travel by car to the show.

Sounds like I’ll stay with my Ravensburg hotel and have to agree €3.45 is no big deal and the train time is not over long.
Thanks

That train ride sounds cheap. I usually find that most times the train is expensive in Germany. But it is a nice ride smooth and clean.

You might also find a ride with someone going to Ravensburg. Pilots usually help each other out.

KHTO, LHTL

We’re planning to arrive Thursday lunchtime and leave Sunday morning. We’ll do the expo on Friday and some kind of tourism on Saturday followed by the EuroGA dinner.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message