Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2015 15-18 April

There isn’t anything official about this… anybody can meet when they like

The dinner which I am “organising” will be Saturday night.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Again in this Lucullus? With all your beetroot propaganda, I wonder why you choose that restaurant which is known for huge plates with heaps of greasy food.

My recollection is that they have a pretty good choice. One doesn’t have to eat the greasy stuff

They also have reasonably big tables.

The problem with going to say an Indian restaurant is that somebody who doesn’t like Indian food (e.g. me) may not find anything to eat there. So it isn’t fair to organise it at such a place.

Administrator

Achim. It will be a nice organic vegetarian restaurant. I thought you’d enjoy that stuff.

For the real ecofriendly and organic pilots there is a hotel and restaurant in Überlingen:
Naturata

Travel time from the fair depends on traffic. from 35 mins to 4 hrs (just 22 miles)
I don’t think they have a plug for your car, but food was nice last time I visited.

Last Edited by mdoerr at 23 Jan 09:24
United Kingdom

Anyone with a recommendation for a hotel? The Frau would like spa amenities since she will be walking around the Aero listening to aviation talk all day. It would still be cheaper than her doing a days shopping. Im trying to be sensitive.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 04 Feb 13:30
KHTO, LHTL

Comfort Hotel Friedrichshafen was very nice the last time, very good breakfast and close to the show. I booked it again

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 04 Feb 14:04

They do get pricey rapidly as you get nearer the place. The one above:

For 3 nights that gets pretty significant.

Myself and several others are staying very close to the lake in Hagnau, €45/night, and the bus transport to the show is only a few €. That’s the tradeoff, I guess.

Administrator

It’s a very expensive region with virtually no unemployment, several big world market leaders and high touristic value.

I always get a room last minute at the fair, the tourist office of the city has a reservation office on the fair grounds. Always plenty of choice at attractive prices.

Peter,
by come by car – so i spend the money on the hotel ;-)

Sign in to add your message