Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TBM850 bargain ?

Does the NM say explicitly that if the plane has not flown for X number of months it is not airworthy regardless of condition? And that ibspection/rectification is limited to manufacturer approved program? I can see legal issues with getting that certified, especially for Part 91 operations.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Dec 10:34

Silvaire wrote:

Does the NM say explicitly that if the plane has not flown for X number of months it is not airworthy regardless of condition?

I think a ground run is enough to keep it legally airworthy. At least that’s what a local PC12 operator told me.

Does the NM say explicitly that if the plane has not flown for X number of months it is not airworthy regardless of condition?

Peter wrote:

5 secs on google finds this: F-HBGE damage history

It is disclosed on the auction website page, also. Although, they mention only “hard landing”, not talk of hitting trees, missing the runway, etc.

ELLX

It sounds like it was transported on a truck back to Tarbes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well, the accident was in 2011, so it has flown in between if the last flight was 2017.

If Daher themselves rebuilt it, one can conclude that the damage was repaired to high standard.

The big question mark would be the engine. If it has not been run in 2 years, it may require very costly maintenance.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Is this a buy now price or the starting price of an auction?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Starting price. Next bid must be at least 700K.

But then again… contact the seller directly and make them an offer they can’t refuse.

Last Edited by airways at 27 Dec 13:09
EBST, Belgium

Does the NM say explicitly that if the plane has not flown for X number of months it is not airworthy regardless of condition? And that ibspection/rectification is limited to manufacturer approved program? I can see legal issues with getting that certified, especially for Part 91 operations.

It would be interesting to find an answer to this. Personally I very much doubt that the airframe has such a limitation (because a TBM is really a very conventional construction), but the PT6 engine might have. I think that the TBM MM is online here. The TB MM is also online but that is a much more recent thing. Can any PT6 owner say if his MM has such a limitation?

Administrator

Good evening everyone,

That limitation is in deed on the engine not the airframe.

The new owner paid $1.3M + auction house fees so $1.4M.

A comparable airworthy, no damage TBM 850G would around $2M.

Kind regards,

David

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Thanks David.

If you find out how the return to flight was accomplished and if possible at what cost, this would be of quite some interest here for similar cases.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Indeed it would be good to hear input from @davidfabry on this.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message