Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

We bought an early Siai Marchetti SF260

@NorFlyer that’s indeed an amazing progress speed ! One thing that caught my eye: the seat on your ‘test sit’ setup is on the left. A friend of mine had a SF260 and flew it from the right seat, claiming that was the way it was intended to be flown. He did aeros in it and I went up with him once, sitting in the left seat as pax. Do you intend to fly it from the left ?

This is an early serial no and were set up for ‘conventional’ left seat. Later models are flown from the right. To improve the ergonomics for aerobatics I’m putting in a throttle on the left.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Need to order a restraint system. Been looking at Simpson Racing Aviation Harnesses and of course the Hooker which I guess is more or less standard in aerobatics. They might be a bit overkill for the SF260 though? Any experiences?

ENEG

Just a quick check-in from the Norwegian Marchetti shop. Not a lot of progress this week, other things has been prioritized. Like flying in the mountains ;)

Fuselage has dried up after stripping and cleaning and is moved to the back-shop to be prepped for paint. There is only minor cosmetic corrosion around the wing fairings and canopy rails. This will get soda blasted next week. The panel is mostly wired up and ready to go in by end of month. Avionics shelf to hold magnetometers is fabricated and will be installed in the back.

By end of next week we should have everything ready to start shooting some paint on the fuselage.

ENEG

Great to be able to do wiring with easy access like that

You can do a very nice job.

Thank you for posting these updates!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If ever an airframe deserved a rebuild of this quality, the early SF.260 has to be in the premier list.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Really interesting and professionally done project.

How do you store/sort/label all the parts, screws etc..?

Is there any design approval or 145 organization involved?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Looking really good!

Yesterday I took a short break from Annual Inspection work to check in with my Marchetti owning hangar neighbor. I found him with his landing gear apart, stripping paint. It must be catching on His is an ex Libyan Air Force SF 260W. Its flown from the right and had no left side throttle as originally built, but he’s added one as well as a similar Garmin panel.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Feb 14:49

Peter wrote:

Thank you for posting these updates!

RobertL18C wrote:

If ever an airframe deserved a rebuild of this quality, the early SF.260 has to be in the premier list.

Snoopy wrote:

Really interesting and professionally done project.

Silvaire wrote:

Looking really good!

Thank you very much gentlemen. The positive comments fuels progress and updates :-)

Snoopy wrote:

How do you store/sort/label all the parts, screws etc..?

When we disassembled it we first did a rough sorting, serviceable/unserviceable/questionable. Nuts/bolts/smaller bits and pieces in zip lock bags and larger items in bins. We have tried to finish everything on an assembly basis. Ie. the landing gear has been finished as one lot. The SF260 fortunately has a lot of NAS/MS fasteners so that is easily replaceable.

Snoopy wrote:

Is there any design approval or 145 organization involved?

Yes, the work is done under P145 with a limited P21. Most changes will be done under CS-STAN which is quite liberal if it is read and challenged “correctly”. A couple of things will probably be STCed, like a redesigned fuel control. More on this to come later. The smoke system we already hold an STC for from back in the day.

ENEG

Super interesting. Who pays for this? Will it be a „group plane“ or is it contract work for an owner?

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message