Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

We bought an early Siai Marchetti SF260

Silvaire wrote:

Looking back, I think my ‘peak production’ age was about 30 years from typical retirement age, say age 35. Having “moved on” a bit from that I find I get only maybe 3/4 as much done… but in half the time and effort. There are some advantages to getting older, so you might find your P-51 retirement project is only 2 times the hours versus 3 times the hours

I’ve never thought about going to Norway, most of my trips are within 300 km of the Alps or so. Seeing your Marchetti when finished would be a fine excuse… although I’d be unlikely to be able to fly in!

Great work!

This made me smile, ie. a total valid point. Looking back, the methodical thinking you gain after your twenties, most of the time, is a time/money saver. Although the stakes are also exponentially higher by age and wallet as well. I’m 38 now, with no “official” technical background, but I’m curios and have always helped out where I can. This is a thing that worries me with the youth today. I’m afraid it will be hard to find good piston techs in the years to come.

Our airport is just outside Oslo, so pretty far south. I would suggest a stopover in Roskilde, EKRK, enjoy Copenhagen, and then it’s about a two hour hop up to Oslo (if you have a go-plane). If we gather a group we could use our airport as a base and then I could arrange a round-trip through northern Norway and down the west coast ;-)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

NorFlyer wrote:

If we gather a group we could use our airport as a base and then I could arrange a round-trip through northern Norway and down the west coast ;-)

Lofoten Islands is a destination I hope can be accomplished in the ‘new’ normal!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

NorFlyer wrote:

If we gather a group we could use our airport as a base and then I could arrange a round-trip through northern Norway and down the west coast ;-)

You could include a stop in Trondheim then, if the C185 is on floats at that time, could get you to try some seaplane flying :-)

ENVA, Norway

NorFlyer wrote:

we gather a group we could use our airport as a base and then I could arrange a round-trip through northern Norway and down the west coast ;-)

I’m in!

always learning
LO__, Austria

NorFlyer wrote:

Where do I sign up ??

NorFlyer wrote:

Count me in 2!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Here’s another sign up. Formation speed 100-110 KIAS max please..
This could become the first EuroGA fly-OUT.

Last Edited by aart at 19 Mar 06:16
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Not sure at all if it would be possible for me, but would love to join.
I’ll follow the pack with aart

LFOU, France

One more sign up We’ve been planning to fly to Norway for years!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Shall I start a new thread with the Norway fly-in posts?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message