Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

1999kg Piper Meridian - payload?

OK so we have 160kg full-fuel payload on the Jetprop.

What is the weight of a recent-model Meridian, with full fuel?

The pain could do it

I thought all the PA46s have the pee accessory - a plastic funnel, on a pull-out pipe, which is tucked under the seat. Presumably it gets smelly, unless rinsed out after each flight.

Anyway, landing for a pee seems a massive waste of time and money, not to mention the added risk of an extra approach, landing and departure. Those who disagree - wait till you get a bit older

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

BEW of mine (as said below) is 1580kg.

EGTK Oxford

OK but what is the weight of full fuel?

Administrator

As I understand it, flying the PA46 means flying overweight. As such maybe the aircraft can have it, but what about the insurance? OK. So, in the Cirrus I sometimes depart with the W&B going out at the top of the envelope when departing on a long runway. However, in general I prefer to stay within the limits for several reasons.

EDLE, Netherlands

As such maybe the aircraft can have it, but what about the insurance?

Do you have an example where an insurance refused to settle a claim pointing to an overweight configuration which was not the cause of the incident?

Agreed - insurance does cover negligence.

In the UK, I was told by an insurance loss adjuster, they tend to not pay out where the flight was obviously illegal before departure e.g. no/expired license, no/expired medical, no CofA (and variations of that), etc. Basically what it seems to come down to is .... wrong/missing paperwork.

What is the weight of full fuel weight on a current Meridian?

Administrator

What is the weight of full fuel weight on a current Meridian?

Peter, this has already been answered earlier in the thread. You have 510lb available for passengers and luggage at full fuel.

EGTK Oxford

What MTOW figure is that 510lb based on? There is more than one.

Administrator

The 2310 kg one ie the latest iteration of the aircraft.

EGTK Oxford

OK, taking 2310kg and subtracting 510lb gives 2080kg with full fuel.

That means a Meridian with the 1999kg STC cannot fly at all, with full fuel.

Taking the most extreme case of a 50kg (approx Size 8 female) pilot, one would have to de-fuel by 130kg to be at MTOW.

Did I get that right?

If so, how can the 1999kg STC work? Does it have a max fuel limitation also?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message