Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Very sympathetic and interesting.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Another article on the Cirrus Jet and one customer’s experience – here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Version 2 is apparently imminent and there are 700 firm orders. Early option holders can sell them for $650K which gives credibility to the strength of the order book. Apparently official take off/landing distance requirement is approaching 700 metres.

The implications of the success of this type, which comes with a guaranteed maintenance programme, is what effect it will have on second hand values of the Meridian and TBM, and arguably the SR22 itself.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Version 2 is apparently imminent and there are 700 firm orders.

What is the performance discussed for v2?

EGTK Oxford

I don’t have any specifics but am guessing RVSM and a higher operating ceiling – an option holder I know has been advised his aircraft to be delivered in 2019 will now be a v2.0.

How are they going to solve RSVM? FAA certification require a second power source. Unless they go some kind of electric pressurization system with a huge reserve battery, or an APU, it’s not going to happen. Only reason TBM is certified higher is because it did it before they changed the rule – the PC12 can’t either.

Adam, had not realised that, so good question what performance gain will come with v2.0.

@AdamFrisch I hoped for the Cirrus to fly higher. Could you point me to the regulation? What about Cessna Denali at FL310?

Last Edited by loco at 05 May 06:20
LPFR, Poland

RVSM requirements are largely around altimetry not oxygen or power. I think Adam you mean the Part 23 certification rules for high altitude aircraft. In those rules there are significant requirements for pressurisation systems and battery life in order to allow a safe decent to land in case of generator failure.

Turbojets are treated somewhat differently from turboprops in terms of certification I believe with more stringent requirements as typically they need longer runways and burn more fuel down low.

But I can’t see anything in those rules that would prevent the Cirrus getting certified above 280. It may be difficult and pilots will have to decide if they want to fly a single engine jet that high but that is separate from certification.

Last Edited by JasonC at 05 May 08:19
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message