Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

149 hrs in 17 years... G-TBGT / N36GT TB20

I know the seller, sort of personally, and it is widely known that he spent “unlimited money” on everything. He also had/has a TBM.

The price inflation on these planes is utterly amazing. For many years, I would have got £150k for mine, and it has full TKS which is a rarity; basically impossible to install now, and was quoted at some €60k. The rest of the avionics difference is worth about 50k, and arguably not needed for European flying, VFR or IFR.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
G-TBGT is back for sale, this time as N36GT and for $325k.
Done only 295hrs since new! 13 hrs/year…

Half of it in the last 5 years, though. Which is 35-40 hours/year. I don’t know the average yearly hours flown by pilot owners, but it should be in the same ball park I think. I personally struggle reaching that amount with my workload, family duties, bad weather, etc.

Last Edited by etn at 20 Oct 12:57
etn
EDQN, Germany

Yes; the current owner flew it a lot more than the previous. But still very little for a TB20. It’s a very capable IFR aircraft. Not in the same league as say a Jetprop (FL270) but capable of UK to Dubrovnik, etc. For 30hrs/year, you can clock that up going from Blackbushe to Sandown for a greasy burger on some sunny Sundays, in one of these

I have a reason to believe that it should be in a good condition, but equally it is priced at the very top!

Administrator

The market for capable IFR tourers does seem very strong, I wonder if Cirrus is dragging up the market? Creating a pool of better heeled pilots willing to consider alternatives to Cirrus?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

An SR22 in a good condition is way more than even this TB20, and the wx capability is similar (comparing no-TKS for no-TKS, no-turbo for no-turbo).

Administrator
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message