Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corporate Aircraft

Fly310 wrote:

I think there will soon be a Cessna 210 Silver Eagle for sale in Sweden but I do not have much info on the exact performance of that type.

Well, it is much cheaper to operate than the TBM/PC12/BA being discussed, but also much more limited.

• If you really intend to put 4 adults in it, forget about the wingtip tanks (most of them have them).
  • Pressurisation is entry-level/weak by design (12500ft cabin altitude at the FL230 ceiling) and you’ll often (so I hear) be chasing leaks. Not a huge problem if you stay in the mid-teens.
  • The engine starts to loose oomph around FL160.
  • Overhauls are cheaper than a P&W Canada PT6.
  • Tops out around 200kts, you can squeeze 210kts with some luck.
  • Fast cruise is 26usg/h until FL140, and then starts to go down to about 20-22usg/h.
  • Sub-2t, so no enroute fees, cheaper landing&parking fees, etc.

So all in all a nice plane for the mid-teens but if you want to fly high-altitude airways, you are near the limit of its capacities.

ELLX

If you want to check the performance of the PC-12 there is an app for that. Search App Store for “PC-12 Digital Afm” and you will find something.

Normal BEM is probably between 6200 and 6700 lbs.

ESSZ, Sweden

I am hosting a mini-seminar on Single Engine Turbine operations for private- and corporate, in Norway next week. There will be presentations on TBM ownership (from a TBM owner), PC-12 ownership (owner and dealer), SET maintenance strategies (Part 145 MRO) and Regs/Ops (me). PM me if you want to come.

(Planning to host these events bi-annualy, and the next one will be september/october timeframe)

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 02 Feb 14:32
Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Thanks everyone for all the great inputs!

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

AirV wrote:

I don’t think there is anything that can beat Diamond DA62 in total cost. But it has little under 200kt high speed cruise at 192kt and no pressurization.

That’s what Diamond would like you to believe … Real world is 180K cruise, 192 flat out, which is what a ’70s Cessna 310 will do but with more useful load and at a fraction of the cost.

Last Edited by Michael at 14 Feb 18:42
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Early CJ1 or Classic Citationjet. Once you fly a jet you will never go back.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

There I try and be nice about legacy MEPs and then this comes along:

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/FAA-Issues-Cessna-Twin-AD-230310-1.html

Lots of surplus big bore turbocharged Continentals on the horizon :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

There I try and be nice about legacy MEPs and then this comes along:

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/FAA-Issues-Cessna-Twin-AD-230310-1.html
Lots of surplus big bore turbocharged Continentals on the horizon :)

For the 421 Series, the “inspection” part is due @ 12,000H TIS and the “replacement” part is due @ 24,000H TIS

I seriously doubt that this AD affects even 10% of the fleet at best and even then it’s just an inspection that requires just a few hours labour.

Last Edited by Michael at 16 Feb 09:03
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

an inspection that requires just a few hours labour

…every 50 hours.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I think it’s only applicable by ac serial number as well.

Sign in to add your message